zodiac/ horoscope 2021

Here’s your horoscope for January 2022

It’s a new year, astro lovers. As the clock strikes midnight, the ball drops, champagne glasses collide and kisses are shared, let your 2022 horoscope incite new goals, budding relationships and an end to everything that was no longer serving you in 2021. 

The onset of January concludes Venus and Uranus’ retrograde, but don’t jump for joy just yet. We still have to power through another Mercury Retrograde, but we’ve done it before, and we can do it again. As we continue to be immersed in the utilitarian Capricorn, there is no better time to practice your resolutions than now — even amid a retrograde. 

Aries (March 21–April 19)

Aries, during the month of January, you’ll be set in your 10th House of achievement. Additionally, on Jan. 2, a new moon in Capricorn will occur. Use this time to set your goals for the new year in a planner or a bullet journal. You may notice new opportunities arising for you that you hadn’t sensed presenting themselves. Ensure you’re making the best decisions, not only for your professional life but also for your personal life. It can be easy to get caught up in the glitz and glam of money and status, but don’t let your mental health digress as a result. 

Taurus (April 20–May 20)

Taking risks is something you’re familiar with, and let January be no excuse to continue doing so, Taurus. A leap of faith is needed for you to feel fulfilled this month, whether it be as simple as starting that book club you’ve always wanted to start, or applying for a new job. Whatever it is, make the most of it and be present throughout your new journey to self-rediscovery. 

Gemini (May 21–June 21) 

Tap inward this month, amorous Gemini. It’s what you need. Your work ethic and determination are skills to play to your advantage this month. Take time to contemplate an issue that is dear to your heart, and take action to combat it. 

The new moon on Jan. 2 is one to take into consideration, Gemini, and not for reasons other signs may be experiencing. While residing in Capricorn, intimacy plays a large factor in your zodiac. Be honest with yourself and your partner regarding what you want to gain out of the relationship you’re currently in, or better yet, one you wish you were in. If you’re looking for your sign to tell that special someone how you feel — this is it. 

Cancer (June 22–July 22)

Your emotions are soaring right now, dear Cancer, and it isn’t going unnoticed. You may be feeling walked over or dismissed by a platonic or romantic relationship, and it’s time you put an end to these happenings and set some boundaries. Don’t mistake this as advice to put up your walls and shut down like you have in the past, though. Instead, be honest with yourself and your feelings, but don’t give in to the ones that aren’t serving you. 

If a toxic ex tries to make their way back into your life, remember your worth and stand your ground. The minute you start doing so, and realizing the valuable assets you have to offer in a relationship, the right one will come along when you least expect it, and resultantly you’ll be emotionally prepared. 

Leo (July 23–Aug. 22)

When’s the last time you did something for yourself, Leo? We know (and you know) how you want to proceed with your relationships going into the new year, but have you taken a moment to reflect and decide how you’re going to prioritize yourself? This is the month of you, Leo, and don’t forget it. 

Plan to take a day for yourself every once in a while by making yourself up a bubble bath, reading a guilty pleasure novel, or even watching a binge-worthy show. In the end, you’ll be grateful you did, and fear not, the unread emails can wait. 

Virgo (Aug. 23–Sept. 22)

You're a powerhouse, Virgo, and everyone knows it. With the first Mercury retrograde beginning on Jan. 14 and ending on Feb. 3, you know some mishaps are bound to happen. With your perfectionist attitude and vigorous outlook on life, you may find yourself having some pent up anger toward these uncontrollable situations. Despite this, attempt to find an outlet for this rage that isn’t your friends or romantic partner. Try boxing or dancing to your favorite fury jam. 

Furthermore, you may be feeling a lot of attraction toward someone and want to explore it further both in the bedroom and out. However, don’t leave your friends in the dust as a new romance might begin to flourish. Remember, they’re your go-tos, always. 

Libra (Sept. 23–Oct. 23)

Drunk in love? More like frustrated in love, and we get it, Libra, you’re ruled by Venus, so we wouldn’t expect anything less. Whether you can’t put your finger on the cause of this depressive state of emotions, or if it’s as clear as ever, try to repress your impulsive instincts to self sabotage your relationships while you’re in this confused and wildly weird mindset. 

Scorpio (Oct. 24–Nov. 21)

Oh, intrepid Scorpio, what’s in store for you this month? Your often dominant personality can be, at times, a lot for people to discern. With a new year on the horizon, and people more prone to experiencing a vast array of emotions, be mindful of what you say to others, in order for your words to not be misconstrued as offensive.

Undoubtedly though, while Uranus was in retrograde, your communication skills improved for the better, meaning, in the possible case something troubling arises this month, you’ll be better prepared to tackle the situation head on. 

Sagittarius (Nov. 22–Dec. 21)

The archer of the zodiacs, you ambitious Sagittarius, you’ve been all play and no work recently. But no one faults you for it. With the holidays now over, you’re ready to put a rest to celebrations and begin working toward your professional goals. The new year is destined to bear rewards in terms of your career or field of study. Don’t be surprised if a dream job offer manifests itself early into the new year, and it’s clear — you deserve it.

Capricorn (Dec. 22–Jan. 19) 

Everyone knows a Cap when they see one: always working, never indulging. However, as we make our way through Capricorn season, the stars continue to be in your favor. Mars enters Taurus, the 5th House of Pleasure on Jan. 6, therefore, take this time to assert yourself romantically. Often, your need for speed represses your desires and ability to express your emotions fully. We know it can be scary, but it’s necessary to do so now while the stars are signaling that the timing is right. 

Aquarius (Jan. 20–Feb. 18)

Ever so generous Aquarius, it’s okay to put yourself first sometimes, you know? Mercury enters Aquarius and your 1st House of Self on Jan. 8, meaning it’s time for some much needed you-time. If there’s something you’ve been keeping to yourself, consider sharing it with those closest to you. 

Better yet, the sun enters your sign on Jan. 19, further proving how necessary it is that you put yourself first. If you’re feeling even the slightest bit guilty about going too big with your birthday plans — don’t. This is your time to shine, and don’t be ashamed of screaming it from the rooftops. 

Pisces (Feb. 19–March 20)

Alone time is necessary Pisces, but have you been taking too much of it lately? Reconnect with old friends, or make a point to get together with those special to you, to check in. Everyone cares for you due to your deep emotional nature and naturally sweet aura, so there is no question of whether or not your friends would want to see you too. 

The friend department may flourish this month, and therefore, make up for where the romance department is lacking. Instead, focus on how you could improve yourself going into the new year by experimenting with new fashion looks and hairstyles in order for you to be more equipped for Pisces season, when your love and dating life is sure to blossom. Remember, patience is key. 

@emmadollenmayer 

ed569918@ohio.edu