Our favorite romantic comedy movies

When it comes to the season of love, each year is different, depending on who you are spending it with. While those special someones may come and go, romantic comedies are always a constant. There's nothing better than grabbing your favorite blanket, comfort food and snuggling up to your favorite rom-com. If you need some new options, we have you covered. Here's our favorite romantic comedies:

Crazy Rich Asians (2018)

Romantic comedy genre aside, Crazy Rich Asians is honestly one of my most favorite movies of all time. It’s the perfect mix of romance, comedy, sincerity and even some ideal fantasy. I mean, who wouldn’t enjoy, at least just a little bit, that their partner comes from an influential family? Despite the rich and glamorous concept of the movie, it also touches on intimate love and the effects it can have on a person. As an Asian-American myself, I also appreciate that it’s an Asian love story since the rom-com industry typically lacks diversity. Overall, nothing can beat the heartwarming gestures and on point comedic timing of this movie. - Mimi Calhoun

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003)

I would be lying if I said that this movie didn’t make me want to be a journalist. This is just one of many movies that came out in the Golden Age of rom-coms (2000-2008). While there are many movies with similar plots of young journalists in New York, I believe that this one is the best. The chemistry between Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey is unmatched. I’m not even a big fan of rom-coms, but this will always be one of my comfort movies. - Caroline Kammerer

When Harry Met Sally (1989)

When Harry Met Sally is an age-old classic to the rom-com genre, and its incredible screenwriting set a new standard for rom-coms, engaging viewers to question whether a man and a woman could be friends without being physically attracted to each other. Co-stars Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan give hilarious and moving performances and share amazing chemistry in their enemies to friends to lovers relationship. It has the ability to be watched over and over again and still manages to pull at every heartstring during each viewing. Nothing can make me cry every time like the beautiful ending scene to this movie. - Logan Humphrey

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018)

When this movie dropped, sophomore year of high school me was over the moon. I had read this book series before, and I thought this was the perfect adaptation for its debut to Netflix. Peter Kavinsky is Noah Centineo at his best, and Jenny Han, the author of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, did a great job of visualizing the perfect web of lies that lead its main characters into posing as a fake couple. While at times it’s cheesy, this movie is humorous, witty and overall romantic, and it leaves you believing in fate and the magic of opposites attract! - Grace Koennecke

10 things I Hate About You (1999)

This is a rom-com that perfectly avoids the cliché of high school romance. This movie perfectly portrays the '90s in all its glory. It accurately evokes just the right amount of emotion toward the end to get you teary-eyed, but it is playful enough to make you laugh. The movie is lovably corny and is great to watch with friends if you want a good story or a good laugh, without having to roll your eyes at the cheesiness that seems to be in every popular rom-com.  - Sean Eifert

Adventureland (2009) 

Adventureland isn’t just my favorite romantic comedy, but its also one of my favorite movies, period. It’s one of those projects that you can feel that every person involved, both in front of and behind the camera, was passionate about what they were making. Every part of it feels genuine, especially the chemistry and connection that Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart have as a duo, both in their characters’ relationship and as actors. The rest of the cast is fantastic too, with the likes of Ryan Reynolds, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig, all before their big breaks. Even the smaller names among the cast, like Martin Starr and Wendy Malick, are perfect in their roles. It’s an endlessly enjoyable romantic comedy with a killer cast, a ‘90s throwback soundtrack and chill vibes; it’s a total comfort movie. Check it out. - Zach James

27 Dresses (2008) 

As a frequent viewer of romantic comedies, it was hard to pick just one. But, 27 dresses created my obsession with the genre. After watching this movie for the first time in eighth grade, I fell in love with the grand gestures and the cheesy connections between the characters. Katherine Heigl portrays the lead role of Jane in such a realistic way that you can’t help but put yourself in her shoes while watching. The overall message of always being the shadow of someone else and never getting your time to shine created a movie that I could watch a million times over. - Anna Porten

Dear John (2010)

As someone that does not enjoy rewatching most films, Dear John is one of those rom-coms that I could watch once a month. My experience while viewing this masterpiece always brings me into a whirlwind of laughter and tears. Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried portray a young couple that fall deeply in love with each other rather quickly. However, life’s challenges test their relationship. This film and its matching novel by Nicholas Sparks is a classic romantic comedy that illustrates a more realistic version of love. - Grace Brezine