Here’s your trendy OU fest outfit guide for 2022

Ohio University’s infamous fest season is upon us for the first time since 2019. So, Bobcats, it’s time to go big or go home. To make up for lost time, everyone is sure to be dressed to the nines this year in funky, flashy fits, as most know, fest season is the time to be unapologetically crazy -- outfits being no exception.

If you’re one who feels the need to step out in something new, trendy and fitting for all of the fests--or even just one of them--look no further. Here are five fest fit suggestions for this year’s raging season:

Patterned and printed pants

It seems as if plain jeans simply will no longer suffice. To elevate any basic tee or crop top you already have in your closet to another level, try swapping your typical denim for a more unique pair of pants or sweats. Edikted is currently having a winter sale where everything offered is up to 80% off, and trust us on this one -- the site has some of the most unique and fun pairs of pants perfect for fests. If you’re feeling saucy, try these Phoenix Lace-Up Pants, which were originally priced at $78, but are now $46.80.

Matching sets

Sweat sets are going to be the new and improved 2022 version of the 2018 jersey at this year’s fest season. Both cute and comfy, sets like this Arabella Set ($64) from Princess Polly are sure to be popular.

Not only are they perfect for a whole lot of day drinking, but they are also ideal and easy outfits to accessorize by the simple addition of a trucker or bucket hat and a hip pair of shades such as these Pink Square Frame Glasses from Pretty Little Thing ($20).

Trucker hats

Accessories are what make fest outfits fun. From the hats to the sunglasses to the head scarfs, accessories complete every fit. Regardless of what one chooses to wear, they should consider accessorizing the look with a piece that may typically be outside of their comfort zone, like a trucker hat.

Trucker hats look good with just about anything, given they are able to be dressed up or down, regardless of if you’re wearing a dress or sweats. TruckerHatUSA has a hat for every design one could ever want at an affordable price. Buy yours today!

Asymmetric tops and dresses

If you’re looking to wear something a little dressier for fests, take the route of an asymmetrical top to pair with fun patterned pants, or a casual bright-colored asymmetrical dress. Besides, with a dress, you won’t have the added stress of having to pick out a top and bottom to match and will look chic while doing so.

Try this Pink Abstract Print Slinky Asymmetric Strap Detail Bodycon Dress ($30) from Pretty Little Thing.

@thegirloscloset @jessicas.private.storyx outfit requested by @elliehardin1 ♬ original sound - jasmine hernon

Burnt orange, blue, green

As for what colors everyone will be wearing, we’ll be seeing a lot of burnt orange, blue and green colored garments. Though it may seem a little audacious, try piecing together an outfit that incorporates all three of these colors.

They compliment each other very nicely and will have anyone who wears them looking like the fresh breath of spring we are all in need of. Buy these Beca Plisse Flared Pants ($59.95) and the accompanying Beca Plisse Button Up Shirt ($49.95) in either bright orange, blue or bright green from Showpo and consider adding a splash of the other two colors in the form of a trucker hat and sunnies.

@emmadollenmayer 

ed569918@ohio.edu