Police Blotter: Landlord, renter dispute; Vehicle removed from State Route 56

Rummaging Through 

The Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of two individuals going through a vehicle on South Plains Road in The Plains. 

When deputies arrived, they found no evidence the vehicle was entered. Units were unable to locate the individuals when patrolling the area. 

Renters' Rights 

The Sheriff's office was contacted by a resident of Mineral, in Athens County, about conflict between a landlord and tenant.

In the complaint, it was stated that the landlord had shut the renter’s water off. The sheriff’s office contacted the landlord who stated the complainant did not allow him on the property to do a maintenance check on her residence. 

Both parties were advised to contact the courts for the issue. 

Nothing but Construction Here 

Deputies from the sheriff’s office were dispatched to North Clinton Street, in The Plains, for an open-line 911 call. 

When units arrived on scene, they discovered that it had been a construction worker who had accidentally pocket-dialed 911. 

There was no emergency, and deputies returned to patrol. 

Not Your Money 

Sheriff's office deputies were dispatched to North Plains Road, in The Plains, for a report that a stolen debit card was used at several locations. 

The investigation is pending, and a report was taken. 

Hey, that’s my spot!

The sheriff’s office received a report for a parking dispute on Jan. 31. It was found that the involved parties had rights to the same shared driveway. 

Both parties were advised to address the issue with their landlord. 

Threatening Person

Sheriff's office deputies responded to The Plains in response to someone calling for help. 

Deputies located the individual who reported that they were threatened by someone in a vehicle. However, no vehicles that matched the described vehicle of the suspect were able to be located in that area. 

Storage Troubles 

Deputies from the sheriff’s office responded to The Plains in reference to a reported breaking and entering of a storage unit. 

Deputies are currently investigating the matter. 

Abandoned vehicle 

The sheriff’s office responded to State Route 56, in Athens, for a report of a suspicious person and vehicle. 

Units responded to the scene, but the vehicle appeared to be disabled with nobody around. The vehicle was obstructing a driveway for a local church and was tagged for removal. 

No further action was taken. 

@mollywmarie 

mw542219@ohio.edu

Molly Wilson

News Editor