Here’s 6 hair trends for spring 2022 you don’t want to miss out on trying

With spring approaching, it’s time to start shedding layers, beanies, earmuffs and jacket hoods and move toward some refreshing new hair trends for the warmer season. From glistening hair tinsel and high shine hair to vintage 90s clips and bold bubble braids, these hairstyles will help your hair blossom this spring. Here are six hair trends for spring 2022 you’ll surely want to try out: 

Hair tinsel 

Who doesn’t love to sparkle? Hair tinsel is a great way to add a euphoric pop of color to your look. You simply start by weaving in small strands of sparkly and/or colorful pieces of synthetic hair into the top of your hairline. You can rock your tinsel look with some subtle curls or just straight hair. Station Street Hair Designs in Athens offers professional tinsel applications. The price starts at $20 and increases depending on the number of strands you are looking for. 

High shine

This spring is your time to shine. Gloss and shine are all the rage currently and will leave you looking fresh, clean and trendy. The Oribe Gel Serum Radiance will help you achieve this high-shine glossy hair look. You simply start by adding a small amount of gel to your slightly damp or dry hair. If you want a more “wet” inspired hair look, you simply just add more gel or add some hair cream to give you that drenched hair look. You may not want to slay a soaking wet hair look every day, but high shine is a great look to experiment with every once in a while.

Naturally textured hair

Why not rock what you got? Natural texture, waves and curls are in. For those who have naturally textured and/or curly hair – this is your season. Regardless of whether you have textured hair or not, there are ways to achieve this look. One way to secure the look is by braiding damp hair and letting it sit overnight. The next morning, take out the braids and brush out your hair. This will not only give you volume and texture, but it will give you that natural curl look. For people that are blessed with naturally textured hair, the Wata Wave Texture Spray will be your new best friend. This spray gives you a long-lasting, soft-matte finish without the crunchy feeling. 

Sleek bun

Who doesn’t love a sleek bun? The sleek bun is a classy way to liven up your spring look. Whether you like wearing high or low buns, this look will satisfy the "bougieness" vibe you are trying to achieve this spring. You can also pair a sleek bun with a pair of chunky-gold hoops to class up your look. The Tigi Bed Head Afterparty Smoothing Cream is a perfect product to use to get that sleek-polished look you are striving for. Not to mention, this product is super affordable. If you get bored with sleek buns, you can elevate your look with a sleek ponytail or middle part. Regardless of what hairstyle you use, any sleek hairstyle will make you stand out this spring.

90s claw clips 

This spring, we are taking a trip back to the 90s. That’s right, 90s claw clips are and have been all the gush lately. There are tons of different sizes, colors and shapes of claw clips you can add to your collection this spring. The Framar Large Claw Clips from Amazon are perfect for this hair trend. You can style your hair by forming a ponytail and instead of using a rubber band, clip your hair and let the rest of your pony hang over the clip. You can also take a smaller-sized clip and do an adorable half-up half-down hairstyle. There are countless ways to style your hair with these clips and regardless of what style you pick, you will be bringing all the Rachel Green vibes.

Bubble braids

Looking for a fun, bubbly way to bolden your hair style? Bubble braids are a very easy and adorable hairstyle to enhance any look. You simply start by forming a ponytail and then take a handful of clear rubber bands and tie off small pieces from the ponytail to form a bubble look. You repeat this process until the braid is done. You can also do bubble braid pigtails. Pretty Little Thing’s Multi Butterfly 12 Pack Clips is a perfect-colorful addition to this look. These butterfly clips will help animate your look while also adding that pop of color for spring. 

@apmcquillan

am646319@ohio.edu