Ohio University forward Jason Carter (30) driving towards the paint while being defended by Akron forward Enrique Freeman (25) at The Convo in Athens Ohio on Feb. 25th, 2022.

Men's Basketball: 3 Ohio players named to All-MAC Teams

The Mid-American Conference announced its postseason honors Wednesday, and three Ohio players were named to all-conference teams.

Both Mark Sears and Ben Vander Plas garnered All-MAC First Team recognition. Sears earned postseason honors for the second year in a row after being named to the All-MAC Freshman team last season. The guard was second in the conference in scoring with 19.4 points per game and third in the MAC for 3-point percentage with 41.6%.

Vander Plas was named to the All-MAC First Team for the first time in his career. It also marks the fourth time he's been named to an All-MAC team. Vander Plas averages 14.1 points per game and is second in the MAC for total steals with a career-high 57. He leads the Bobcats with 6.7 rebounds per game and is second on the team with 3.1 assists per game.

Jason Carter received recognition on the All-MAC Third Team, and it is the third time he's been an All-MAC selection as a Bobcat. The forward played and started in all but one game during the regular season and was third on Ohio for points per game with 13.6. He ranks 10th in the MAC for rebounds with 6.3 per game, and his career-high 33 blocks were the seventh-most in the conference.

@thejackgleckler

jg011517@ohio.edu