Fresh Find Friday: Wet Leg talks breakups; Peach Tree Rascals give advice; Omar Apollo releases his first full-length album

Within the past week, we’ve all been blessed with plenty of quality music. Omar Apollo released their debut full-length album, Ivory, and Camila Cabello teamed up with Willow Smith on one of the singles from her new album, Familia 

While everyone has their favorite genre of music, we’ve made a playlist that will appeal to any mood or preference. Below are new songs that are perfect for walking to class, working out at the gym, sitting around in your dorm or cranking out those last-minute papers. Here are 5 new songs to get you through the week:

“psychofreak” by Camila Cabello, Willow Smith 

The wait is finally over for Camila Cabello’s new album Familia. On the album, Cabello teams up with famous actor Will Smith’s daughter Willow Smith on “psycho freak.” The song was performed on SNL, the first public appearance from Smith since her father’s fiasco at the Oscars. In an interview with Reuters, Cabello mentioned, “That song (psycho freak) is basically about anxiety and all of the different things that have made up their journey.” You can watch the full music video here

“Ur Mum” by Wet Leg

The band out of the Isle of Wight, Wet Leg, feels angry as "Ur Mom" arrives as a self-described diss-song. Directed to one of the members' ex-boyfriends and is a part of the duo's first studio album, Wet Leg. Among the significant strides in the world of music since first starting to release music a little less than a year ago, according to a spin report, the duo has gotten 40M global streams and 9M Youtube views of the song. 

“Ivory” by Omar Apollo

The R&B singer Omar Apollo, who hails from Hobert, Indiana, has come a long way since his heartbreak anthems and self-love songs, such as his single “Ugotme” which has helped him garner 5 million monthly listeners on the platform. The artist has now released his long-awaited full-length debut album Ivory, which combines bilingual hip-hop, soul and dance songs in its 16-song length having features with Daniel Caesar and production from Pharrell Williams. With more forthcoming, in an interview with the guardian, Apollo says, “This album taught me how to produce/ “I feel like there’s a whole world I haven’t even touched on yet.”

”Good Advice” by Peach Tree Rascals

Peach Tree Rascals, consisting of members Issac Pech, Tarrek Abdel-Khaliq and Joseph Barros, who all met in High school in San Jose, CA, best known for their songs “Plus” and “Mariposa,” have released their first single of 2022, “Good Advice” with piano and a funky beat give advice on, “the importance of trusting yourself and knowing that at the end of the day you’re genuine to what you love, the success always comes later.” Peach Tree Rascals said in an interview with DIY

“Hey Hey Rise Up” by Pink Floyd

“Hey Hey Rise Up” comes out as the first freshly written material from Pink Floyd since 1994, but it’s for a good cause, providing light on the situation in Ukraine. The track uses vocals by Andriy Khlyvnyuk of Ukrainian band Boombox and Pink Floyd members David Gilmour and Nick Mason, joined by longtime bass player Guy Pratt. Gilmour, in an interview with deadline, says, “I hope it will receive wide support and publicity.” The song will raise money for humanitarian relief for the people of Ukraine.

@destroyertroyer

wt005221@ohio.edu