Members of the Athens County Ohio Golf league play on hole seven of the Ohio University golf course on May 19, 2021.

Men's Golf: Ohio to wrap up regular season at Wright State Invitational

The Bobcats will be back in action Sunday for the Wright State Invitational in Springboro, Ohio. The Wright State invitational will be just the second tournament the Bobcats have played in their home state in the 2021-22 season.

The Invitational will begin Sunday when the teams will play 36 holes. Then, on Monday, the teams will finish the tournament with 18 more holes. The teams will play at the Heatherwoode Golf Club, a par 71 golf course with a total yardage of 6754.

Although it's springtime, the weather will feel like winter. Sunday will see a high of 53 degrees with a low of 36 degrees. Monday will see similar temperatures but will also feature some precipitation.

The Bobcats will take on 13 other teams, including host Wright State, Butler and Xavier. Wright State has been one of the best teams in the state in the 2021-22 season. The Raiders have won three of their last four tournaments and have been formidable throughout the year.

Meanwhile the Bobcats will try to build off of their strong performance in the Golfweek Any Given Tuesday Intercollegiate where they tied for fifth. The top five finish was one of Ohio's highest finishes of the season. The Bobcats had been in a bit of a rut up until their last tournament after several poor team finishes to start the spring season.

The strong individual performances from Sam Hogan and Zach Mandry were key to the Bobcats' top five finish in late March. If Ohio wants to compete and earn a victory in its final regular season tournament, it will need a high finish from all five of its competitors.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu