Police Blotter: Suspicious blanket reported, landlord allegedly throws tenants items out of residence

‘That’s suspicious…’ 

Deputies from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Albany after receiving a report of a suspicious blanket. 

Deputies checked the blanket and found nothing in it. 

Mood swings

The sheriff's office received a call from the Nelsonville area reporting the caller’s landlord was throwing the tenant’s items out of the home illegally without evicting them.

Before the deputy was able to arrive, the caller called back to tell the office that they had worked things out.

Missing person

The sheriff’s office received a request for a well-being check. The person who called said he had not heard from his son in five weeks. 

Deputies responded to Williams Road in Athens to check on him. At the son’s residence, deputies knocked on the door, which was not answered. Deputies also tried to call him, but attempts were unsuccessful. 

Stolen items 

Deputies from the sheriff’s office responded to a report of suspicious activity in The Plains. 

The caller said food items and dog treats went missing a few days earlier. The morning she called, she said she heard someone trying to open her front door. 

Party szn

Sheriff’s office deputies responded to a report of loud music on Connett Road, Nelsonville. 

The caller said the next door house, which is an Airbnb, was playing music late at night. Deputies arrived on scene, and the music was subsequently turned down. 

Lone wolf

Deputies received a complaint about a suspicious vehicle on Rhoric Road, in Athens. The caller said there was a truck left at a local church alone. 

Deputies found the vehicle and discovered it was not stolen or occupied. The truck was off the road, and no criminal activity was noted at the time. 

No further action was taken. 

Damaged vehicle

The sheriff’s office took a report of damage to a vehicle in Albany.

The owner of the vehicle received information on how to obtain a copy of the report.

Manual driver in training

Sheriff’s office deputies responded to the Strouds Run Beach area on a report of a suspicious vehicle that was stopping frequently and circling through the park.

Once deputies arrived, they discovered the driver was in the process of learning how to drive a stick shift. 

Deputies left and returned to patrol.

Bye, bye diesel

Deputies from the sheriff’s office received a theft report from Niggemeyer road, in Guysville.

After responding, the complainant said someone stole two car batteries and 100 gallons of diesel fuel. The crime is currently being investigated.

Don’t blink

Deputies received a tip about a possible sighting of a missing juvenile.

During the follow-up, deputies were unable to locate the juvenile.

@mollywmarie 

mw542219@ohio.edu 

@kendallkwright 

kw229520@ohio.edu

Molly Wilson

News Editor