Police Blotter: Man sitting in street, semi hit-and-run

A ghost

Deputies from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a call about a man sitting in Glen Ebon Road, in Nelsonville.

When deputies arrived, they did not find the described man.

You didn’t see that

Sheriff’s office deputies responded to State Route 13 in Millfield in reference to a hit-skip report.

The caller said a semi pulled into their lot to turn around, and while doing so, hit a vehicle and left the scene. This event is under investigation.  

Sound the alarm

Sheriff’s office deputies responded to a business alarm activation on North Plains Road, in The Plains.

Deputies checked the building and did not find anything.

Talk it out

A man filed a report in regards to another man in possession of his vehicle.

The vehicle was returned to the owner after arrangements were made.

Bring me my money

Deputies received a call in reference to stolen credit cards in Shade Road, Athens. 

While deputies were on their way, the complainant called back and said they no longer wanted to speak with deputies. No further action was taken.

Tractor tipping

Sheriff’s office deputies responded to Scott Road, New Marshfield, in regards to a stolen tractor. 

This case is under investigation.

‘Chill out, man’

Sheriff’s office deputies took a report of a vehicle that was kicked during a dispute.

Deputies are currently awaiting possible video evidence from the caller.

Lost Gun

Sheriff’s office deputies received a report of a lost handgun in The Plains. The caller found the handgun and told deputies it was just misplaced.

Deputies spoke with the caller about safe handling and weapon storage and the consequences for failing to do so.

Dirt bikes are for dirt

Deputies responded to Jacksonville in reference to a juvenile riding their dirt bike on the street.

When contact was made and a brief discussion was had, deputies returned to patrol.

Keep out

Sheriff’s office deputies responded to Salem Road, in Athens, on report of a man trespassing on the complainant’s property after previously being served with a trespass warning.

When the suspect was detained, he became resistant and was then arrested and charged with Criminal Trespass and Resisting Arrest.

Disrupting Deer

Deputies were on patrol on U.S. 50 near the Guysville Marathon when they saw two deer that were obstructing the roadway.

The unit removed the deer from the road and no further action was needed. 

@kendallkwright

kw229520@ohio.edu