Members of the Ohio University Board of Trustees meet in 2019 in Walter Hall (FILE:). 

OU student appointed to Board of Trustees by Gov. Mike DeWine

On Wednesday, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine appointed a new student representative to Ohio University’s Board of Trustees.

Mia Citino, a junior studying environmental studies in OU’s Honors Tutorial College, will serve a two-year term beginning May 14, according to a university press release. 

“We are excited to welcome Mia to the Board of Trustees,” Board Chair Cary Cooper said in the release. “We look forward to working with Mia and anticipate she will bring a unique, important student perspective to the Board.”

Citino is also pursuing two minors in Spanish and political science as well as two certificates in law, justice and culture and Latin American studies. Additionally, she is a Voinovich Undergraduate Research Scholar and is currently serving as a climate and sustainability ambassador with the Appalachia Ohio Zero Waste Initiative. 

In addition to being academically active, Citino is an active member of the Sierra Student Coalition, Phi Alpha Delta pre-law fraternity and Sigma Delta Pi Spanish Honors Society. She also has a job as a campus tour guide. 

Citino wants to attend law school and work in environmental law and policy in Latin America, following her time at OU.

“I think our student body has a really diverse array of backgrounds and experiences. I want to be able to amplify that diversity in this position,” Citino said in the release. “I want students to know that I’m here to represent them and committed to doing that.”

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu