Police Blotter: man stopped after hours to eat dinner; tow with active warrants arrested

Accidental 911

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to an open-ended 911 call on Eddy Road in Athens. When deputies arrived, they made contact with the resident, who did not know the phone had dialed 911. 

The resident informed deputies nothing was amiss and they returned to patrol. 

‘Woof’

Deputies responded to a report of a dog barking on South Fifth St. in Jacksonville, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Units patrolled the area, but did not locate the barking mentioned in the complaint.

Just Stopping for Dinner

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office discovered an occupied vehicle stopped at the Dow Lake Dam off of U.S. 50 in Athens after hours. Due to the area being closed at the time, deputies spoke with the occupant. 

The driver told deputies he had only stopped in order to eat the fast food he purchased and would leave soon.

Given no indication of criminal activity, the deputies left the man to finish eating.

Not Your House

Deputies responded to State Route 550 in Athens regarding a trespassing report, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. When they arrived, deputies talked to the complainant who said a man had entered her home and refused to leave.

The suspect’s brother removed the man from her property prior to the deputies arrival.

Due to the location of the suspect being unknown, officers will request a warrant.

Stay Calm

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a dispute in Bern Township. 

After deputies spoke with the complainant, they discovered the suspect had arrived at the residence agitated and highly intoxicated. 

After being asked several times to leave, and refusing, the man started to bang on the outside of the residence and threaten to physically harm the caller. A video of the incident was also provided by the caller, who chose to pursue criminal charges. 

Deputies arrested the suspect on menacing charges and transported him to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail (SEORJ). 

Only One Crime at a Time

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to North St. in The Plains regarding a threats and harassment complaint. 

When deputies arrived on scene they located and arrested two individuals on active warrants. Both were transported to SEORJ without incident.

Abandoned Car

According to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to Brimstone Road in Coolville regarding an abandoned vehicle.

They checked the vehicle and discovered it was unlocked. Deputies secured the vehicle and resumed patrol.

Missing Stuff

Deputies responded to a theft complaint on Bryson Road in Millfield, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Upon arriving on scene, deputies took a report. An investigation is pending. 

Another Burglary?

A home burglary was reported by residents on Sand Ridge Road, in Millfield, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Deputies responded and spoke with the residents who said the burglary happened during business hours and several items were taken. 

The case is under further investigation.

Careful Who You Trust

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a call from a woman stating she was the victim of a scam. The woman’s information was collected for a report.

She was also given information on where to file a further report. 

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu