“Flip That” is a snappy and melodic summer song with a breathtakingly beautiful music video. Besides the imagery contributing to the bright feeling of the season, the track is one to get stuck in your head due to the repetitive lyrics and catchy beats (Photo provided via @loonatheworld on Instagram).

Here are 10 K-Pop songs with that summer feeling

While school is back in session, that hasn’t stopped the heat of the season from cooling down. Even though summer may technically be over, that doesn’t mean the feeling has to as well. Music can influence your perception, so why not keep that summer feeling for a little while longer with these ten K-Pop songs:

“POOL” by WOODZ, SUMIN

A romance song sung over a soothing upbeat track, “POOL” takes the listener to clear skies and blue oceans. WOODZ’s soft voice compliments SUMIN’s with this K-Pop song that has hints of KR&B as well. With lyrics like, “I feel like you’re the only one here,” and “Your wave comes into my heart so deeply,” the whole track is a comparison to how diving into a pool is the same as making your way into one’s heart.

“Summer Hate (Feat. Rain)" by Zico

“Summer Hate” is the perfect summer song for those that can’t stand the heat. An anti-summer song of sorts, the lyrics are reflective of how scorching the season can be, “It’s so freaking hot/makes me sweat” and “I gotta find the way to hide from the sun quickly.” It’s a relatable track and shows a funny as well as realistic way to view a time that everyone seems to adore so much.

“Up!” by Kep1er

A classic summertime pop song, “Up!” is one of those catchy and bright tracks that you can’t help but want to dance to. The lyrics and themes are rather simplistic with the main idea being taken away to an imaginary dream island and leaving to go up and away. If anything, the song is a bit of nonsense, but that doesn’t take anything away from how fun and addicting it is to listen to.

“Healing” by SEVENTEEN

Take a moment for yourself and allow healing with K-Pop boy group, SEVENTEEN. The term “healing” has its own connotations besides the usual meaning of working on physical wellness and mental health. Healing has become a state of being free from things such as anxiety and life stresses. The song “Healing” encourages listeners to take time for themselves and rest.

“Q” by ONEWE, Hwa Sa

Although it may fall under the K-Pop genre, “Q” is actually a song done by a band. ONEWE is a K-Band under RBW Entertainment and plays all of their music by themselves. The group is considered to be an alternative rock band, but “Q” is a pleasant change in their discography with the song’s genres falling under dance/electronic, ballad and rock/alt due to its mellow vocals and dynamic beats.

“PARADISE (feat. Ha Sungwoon)” by RAVI

Get taken away to a tropical island with a cool breeze and no worries. As the title suggests, “PARADISE” is quite literally paradise in a song. Ha Sungwoon’s vocals and RAVI’s rap are a unique combination, but they blend well with the electronic dance instrumentals. Both are able to show off their strengths and give fans the perfect summer song.

“Adios” by Hoody, GRAY

Another song about escapism, “Adios” is the perfect anthem for those that just want a break and need to escape from their responsibilities. Hoody’s ethereal vocals enhance the simple backing track while GRAY’s rap breaks up the song with an effortless flow. If you like addicting KR&B with a cheerful soft feeling, then this song is for you.

“Flip That” by LOONA

“Flip That” is a snappy and melodic summer song with a breathtakingly beautiful music video. Besides the imagery contributing to the bright feeling of the season, the track is one to get stuck in your head due to the repetitive lyrics and catchy beats. While the lyrics may seem a bit like nonsense too, there are romantic undertones with writing like “Please pull out the secret bloomed in your heart” and “We’ll be a universe.”

“Pilot” by NCT 127

It’s hard to believe that “Pilot” is only a B-side track to NCT 127’s “Favorite” album. The song is a mixture of dance and pop genre, but also has hints of KR&B with the vocals of the nine members being the highlight. The instrumental enhances all of their voices, and allows for the song to be a dreamy tune for being up in the clouds.

“Martini Blue” by DPR LIVE

Even though the song is slowly coming up on being five years old, “Martini Blue” is a staple KR&B and K-Pop song. The song’s main theme is romance with analogies such as “Our love’s deep like the blue” and “You’re blue / I’m berry.” It’s a classic track in the K-Pop community and among DPR LIVE fans too, and it’s definitely on repeat all summer long.

@mimi_calhoun

mc300120@ohio.edu