Police Blotter: Car backed into Lake Drive business, fraudulent check usage

Play ball!

Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to North Plains Road for a complaint that juveniles had thrown a ball at the complainant’s apartment. 

The juveniles were found playing outside and told deputies that one of them had thrown a football that landed in their neighbor’s yard. 

Deputies told the juveniles to keep the ball out of the neighbor’s yard and to take care. 

On the road again

Sheriff’s office deputies responded to State Route 682 in regards to a suspicious male sitting along the road. 

Deputies spoke with the man and determined he was tired from walking. Deputies then gave the man a ride to his desired location.

Wrong way

Deputies responded to a Lake Drive business in Trimble for a reported breaking and entering.

After deputies arrived and investigated, it was determined that a vehicle backed into the door of the business and caused damage to the door and wall.

Nothing was reported missing and a report was filed. 

Catch me if you can

A report of a check that was fraudulently used was received by Athens County Sheriff’s office.

This case is currently under investigation, as of Sept. 8. 

The book thief

Deputies responded to the Village of Albany in response to an assault/theft that occurred at Albany Library.

A report was filed. 

Round and round

Sheriff’s office deputies responded to Chauncey in regards to a man walking around in circles in the street.

Once on scene, deputies did not observe anyone matching the male’s description.

Sound the alarm

In response to a residential alarm, deputies responded to Poston Road.

Upon arrival, the house was found to be secure. 

Out of gas

Deputies responded to a theft report at Brister Road, Coolville. 

The caller reported that someone had stolen 80 gallons of fuel and two batteries from his road grader.

A report was taken. 

Get the facts straight

Deputies responded to the Plantsville area in regards to a possible burglary, called in by a third-party.

Upon arrival, deputies determined there were no signs of damage or entry. The caller then explained they gave an incorrect address and the incident occurred in Morgan County.

@kendallkwright

kw229520@ohio.edu