This self-titled album will make romanticizing your life this fall a little bit easier (Photo provided by BandCamp).

7 best fall albums

Have you ever noticed how many people change their music taste to accommodate each season? The majority of music enthusiasts listen to different albums in autumn as compared to what they would listen to in the summer. For many listeners fall urges them to put in earbuds, take a walk in the crisp air and listen to tunes that evoke a sense of coziness and new beginnings. Here are the best albums to listen to this upcoming fall season. 

Changes” by Vacations 

This album was released in March of 2018 and has the perfect autumn vibe. The album contains ten tracks that feature amazing guitar backgrounds and lyrics that will leave you searching for a deeper meaning that goes beyond the upbeat mood. Appropriately titled “Changes,” the album explores ideas about letting go of what is familiar and living on your own. Similarly, autumn signifies fresh starts and clear consciences, which many of us are experiencing as we leave behind our friends and families and adapt to college. 

Stranger in the Alps” by Phoebe Bridgers

“Stranger in the Alps” is the best album for chilly fall nights when you want to drink tea and sit on the floor. When the album dropped in 2017, the Californian singer provided her fans with melancholic tunes that can be described as heart-wrenching and complex. Many college students find themselves relating to the fifth track, “Scott Street,” which portrays the feeling of losing friendships and longing for people who are no longer in your life. 

Red (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift 

Looking for your new favorite fall album? Your search is over. Taylor Swift is the queen of the season of red scarves, falling in love and turning over new leaves. In November of last year, Swift re-released “Red” where she showcased her matured vocals as well as nine new songs that included “From The Vault” in the title. Within these tracks was “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault).” This is arguably Swift’s most “fall” song because of the lyrics and the short film that accompanies it, which takes place during the autumn season. Experiencing the emotions of “Red” will immediately put you in a fall mood. 

Dream, Ivory” by Dream, Ivory

This self-titled album will make romanticizing your life this fall a little bit easier. With dreamy guitar choruses and a relaxing and peaceful mood, the band focuses on the quality of the instrumentation as well as meaningful lyrics. Although the album is shorter in length, it is still worth the listen and is perfect for nights when you are writing an essay in a coffee shop. 

A Different Age” by Current Joys 

If you are looking for a slow, moody and somber album to put on during late fall nights, this one is perfect for you. Each listener will find a different meaning and interpretation of the lyrics after just one listen. Each song contains beautiful instrumentation and deep lyrics about discovering who you are. Put on a flannel, go on a walk and enjoy the coming of age feel of each track. 

For Emma, Forever Ago” by Bon Iver

Imagine the kind of songs you would enjoy while walking through the forest during sunset—this album embodies just that. The nine tracks capture the feeling of loneliness and heartbreak and will leave you contemplating your past failed romances. The folklore vibe of this album makes it perfect for this upcoming fall. 

Blonde” by Frank Ocean

This last album is for those feeling overwhelmed by change, especially during the fast-approaching autumn season. With a relaxing tone, the 17 songs will make discovering yourself feel a little less challenging and lonely. This is Ocean’s most popular album, which makes sense due to the relatability of each song. This collection has a different vibe from the other albums listed above, making it essential for your fall playlist. 

@claire.crankshaw

cc706821@ohio.edu