OUPD reports destruction of property, animal found in road

Landscaping issues 

The Ohio University Police Department reported destruction of property at Porter Hall. 

According to the report, a large landscaping boulder was displaced. 

Golf injuries 

OUPD reported that an individual was struck by a golf ball at Ohio University’s golf and tennis center. 

‘My Bike is Gone’ 

OUPD reported a bike was stolen from Bromley Hall. 

Get the animals out of the road! 

Deputies from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded, at the request of the Ohio State Highway Patrol, to a complaint regarding an animal in the road. 

The animal was not in the travel lanes, so it was not a danger to any motorists on the road. The report did not specify what type of animal was on the road. 

‘I just want to get to Athens’ 

The Sheriff’s Office received a report of a suspicious person on State Route 685 in Glouster. Deputies identified the man who said he was trying to walk to Athens when it became daylight. 

Deputies took him to a residence in Athens and returned to patrol. 

Not permitted 

Sheriff’s deputies responded to Mush Run Road in Athens after receiving a harassment/trespass complaint.

Deputies served the person involved with a trespass notice. 

Missing things 

Deputies of the Sheriff's Office responded to Connett Road in The Plains after receiving a complaint from a male who said his car was looted overnight. 

He said some items had been stolen and a report was completed. 

Thief 

Sheriff's deputies responded to complaints regarding a suspicious man potentially breaking into vehicles on Harper Street in The Plains. 

When the deputies arrived, they did not make contact with the described male. They returned to patrol. 

Another bike theft? 

Deputies from the Sheriff's Office responded to East Third St. in The Plains after they received a report of theft. 

The caller said two bikes had been stolen. The case is pending until more information on the suspect is obtained. 

Tenants vs. Landlord 

Deputies from the Sheriff's Office responded to Vore Ridge Road in Athens after receiving a report regarding a landlord and tenant dispute. 

When deputies arrived, the matter had been settled and the two individuals were separated. No further assistance was needed and deputies returned to patrol. 

@mollywmarie

mw542219@ohio.edu

Molly Wilson

News Editor