Fake FBI agent calls, stolen narcotics reported

Beware for a scare

Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to Stone Road in Athens on a complaint of a suspicious person.

While patrolling the area, officers made contact with a man matching the description. Deputies informed the man to stay off property that belongs to people he doesn’t know. No further action was taken.

I hope no one saw that!

A complaint of a non-injury, private property hit-skip accident was reported on East 4th Street in The Plains, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Deputies arrived on the scene of the accident and a report was taken.

Run, run, runaway baby

A runaway juvenile was reported in New Marshfield, according to sheriff’s deputies. 

After responding to the residence and speaking with the complainant, deputies were able to locate the juvenile at another residence in New Marshfield. The juvenile was returned home. 

Stolen goods

A report of stolen narcotics from a residence in Athens was filed, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

As of Sunday, the investigation is still pending. 

Stay in your lane

A report of criminal trespass occurred on North Plains Road in The Plains, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

After deputies responded to the residence and spoke with several witnesses, officers spoke with the suspect and arrested him for criminal trespassing.

The male was then transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail. 

Poor pet

Sheriff’s deputies responded to the BP on Columbus Road in Athens after a vehicle dropped off a dog there.

The dog was transported to the animal shelter and cameras were reviewed in an attempt to identify a suspect. 

Hundred dolla bills

Counterfeit money was reported in Chauncey, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Deputies found the male and he replaced the money with the correct dollar bills. 

Turning red

Deputies responded to a report of road rage that occurred at the Marathon in Albany, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Deputies spoke to both individuals and advised them to leave the other alone.

Boy who cried wolf

A complaint of an individual being chased and yelling for help was reported on Gun Club Road in New Marshfield, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies patrolled the area but were unable to locate anyone in distress.

Quick crash

An auto accident with injury occurred on State Route 550 near Sharpsburg, sheriff’s deputies reported.

Deputies, the Amesville Fire Department and Athens County EMS secured the scene and treated the individuals for minor injuries before transporting them to a hospital for more treatment. 

The Ohio State Highway Patrol arrived and they conducted a crash investigation.

This little piggy went to the market

A complaint of a loose pig in a yard was made on Carbondale Road in Nelsonville, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies located the pig’s owner, who retrieved the animal, and “the little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home,” according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Not my FBI agent

A report of threats and harassment in The Plains was made to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The caller stated she was being harassed by someone claiming they were an FBI agent. The call was determined to be fake and from outside of the country.

I can do it myself

Sheriff’s deputies responded to Baker Road in Athens to try to locate a female with warrants through Athens County.

After making contact with the suspect, officers did not arrest her because she had gone to court earlier that day to take care of the warrant. 

@kendallkwright

kw229520@ohio.edu