Five delicious foods you can eat this upcoming Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving approaching, it’s time to prepare what kind of meals you will be having for the holiday. All of the food items mentioned will have recipes detailing how to make each one. Feel free to use your own recipes or customize the provided recipes to your liking. 

Here are five foods that you can prepare and eat for this upcoming Thanksgiving:

Turkey

Turkey is a food that is commonly associated with Thanksgiving, often being the centerpiece of any Thanksgiving table. The benefit of having turkey on the table is that it has many different ways you can prepare to your liking. Pair it with gravy to give it a savory taste or eat it with cranberry sauce for a sweeter flavor. 

Here is a recipe for turkey that you can prepare for Thanksgiving. The provided recipe contains citrus fruits and garlic butter; however, this is only one of the many recipes out there.

Pumpkin pie

Pumpkin pie will be the only dessert item on this list, as it's arguably the most seasonal out of any Thanksgiving dessert. The pumpkin flavor alongside its richness is a perfect way to finish your Thanksgiving night. Another delight of pumpkin pie is that unlike other pies, it’s rather simple to make. Pumpkin pie doesn't have a top crust, so worrying about how your crust is going to look is less of a problem with pumpkin pie. 

Although many grocery stores serve ready-to-eat pumpkin pies during the Thanksgiving season, here is a recipe for pumpkin pie if you want to learn how you can make it.

Stuffing

Stuffing is another delicious Thanksgiving food that you can eat without any sides. You can eat it without it being stuffed into the Thanksgiving turkey because it’s calorically high. If you aren’t a fan of turkey, it’s always a possibility to have the stuffing as your main meal. Stuffing is also highly customizable, containing foods like bread, lettuce, eggs and seasoning. 

If you want an example of how to prepare stuffing, here is a recipe that is easy to make.

Salad

Not everyone enjoys meat, so accounting for vegan and vegetarian diets is important. Having a salad is a good alternative when you don’t want to eat savory flavors or meat-based products. A benefit to having salad for Thanksgiving is that you can prepare it the way you want and that there are many different kinds of salads to make.

With salads, you can choose ingredients like the types of lettuce, dressing, tomatoes and croutons that you want. Depending on the ingredients you use, a salad can be a healthy alternative to traditional Thanksgiving foods. 

If you’re in the mood for salads this Thanksgiving, here is a list of recipes for salads that include seasonal ingredients.

Mashed potatoes

Mashed potatoes are a perfect side dish for any meal, including Thanksgiving meals. You can pair mashed potatoes with numerous other seasonings like salt, pepper and garlic. Mashing potatoes is an easy way to create a starchy meal for dinner. 

Mashed potatoes can be easy to prepare compared to other foods like turkey or pumpkin pie, making it a low-stress dish. They can also be a perfect choice for infant children because of their soft texture. Overall, mashed potatoes are a convenient food product that is perfect for family gatherings.

Here is a fancy mashed potatoes recipe that should be perfect for Thanksgiving.

@AdamVince11

av207218@ohio.edu