Head Coach Jeff Boals giving his starters a pep talk, before playing against Cleveland State in the Convo. in Athens, Ohio on Nov. 12th, 2022.

Men's Basketball: Numbers to know from Ohio's 85-66 win over Stetson

Ohio responded to its worst loss of the season, against Florida, with a blowout of its own over Stetson.

The Bobcats crushed the Hatters 85-66 in a game that was never truly close, improving to 6-5 on the season and 5-0 inside The Convo.

Here are the numbers to know from Ohio’s win:

2

The number of players named A.J in the starting lineup for Ohio Saturday was two. For the first time this season, A.J. Brown joined A.J. Clayton in the starting lineup as he continues to work his way back from a shoulder injury.

Brown played 26 minutes in the win, his second-highest total of the season. He rewarded head coach Jeff Boals for the choice to start him with 13 points and four rebounds. Brown also hit 3-of-5 3-pointers.

After playing 10 minutes or fewer in his first two games back from the injury, Brown has averaged 14.4 points per game in just 24 minutes in the five games since.

3

Saturday was the third 20-point game of the season for Dwight Wilson III, who has been fantastic for Ohio so far this year.

Wilson followed up his buzzer-beater against Youngstown State with 20 points, five rebounds and three assists on 8-for-9 shooting. Wilson has been the Bobcats’ best player this year and Saturday was yet another excellent performance.

50

With seven assists Saturday, Jaylin Hunter reached 50 for the season, good for third place in the Mid-American Conference. He has more than twice the assists of any other Ohio player this season.

Hunter has consistently stuffed the stat sheet for the Bobcats this season, and Saturday’s game against the Hatters was no different. Along with his assists, Hunter tallied seven points, four rebounds and three steals, once again showing his ability to impact the game on both ends.

36.7

The Hatters shot just 36.7% from the field Saturday, which is the second-lowest percentage the Bobcats have allowed this season. The only game in which the Bobcats allowed a lower percentage was against UC-Clermont.

@willocunningham

wc425318@ohio.edu