Ohio University redshirt senior Caitlyn Kroll drives past LIU freshman Mariah Elohim during a game against LIU on November 7, 2022, at the Convocation Center .

Women's Basketball: Numbers to know from Ohio's loss to Cincinnati

Ohio (2-6, 0-0 Mid-American Conference) was blown out Tuesday by Cincinnati (6-5, 0-0 American Athletic Conference). After an11-day break since its last game against George Washington, Ohio probably hoped for a better result than its 77-44 loss.

These are the numbers to know from Ohio's ugly loss.

33

The Bobcats' 33-point loss was the most lopsided the Bobcats have been handed in the 2021-22 season. Going into Tuesday's game the Bearcats hadn't won a game by more than 20 points all season, and they had lost their previous two games. The Bobcats only scored 44 points, the fewest they have scored in a single game all season.

15

The difference in the game came in the second and fourth quarters, when the Bobcats lost both quarters by at least 15 points. The Bobcats only trailed by one at the end of the first quarter before the Bearcats took a commanding lead, scoring the first 17 points of the second quarter. The Bearcats dominated the second quarter 20-5. The Bobcats hopes weren't completely over when the Bearcats couldn't grow their lead much in the third quarter, but the Bearcats swiftly ended the Bobcats chances with a dominant 25-9 fourth quarter.

18

Even in one of the Bobcats' worst performances of the year, Yaya Felder still put up a very solid individual performance. Felder went for 18 points on an efficient 7-12 from the field. She also had a team-high three steals, and her four assists were also tied for the most on the team.

3

The Bobcats only had three players who made more than one field goal. The unbalanced offensive attack contributed to the Bobcat's inefficiencies. The Bobcats shot just above 30% from the field as a team, and only 14.3% from three.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu