Police Blotter: Cow found on side of the road; dog sets off home alarm

Who Let the Dogs Out?

Deputies responded to McDougal Road, in Millfield, regarding a complaint stating dogs were on the loose, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies talked with the caller and the dogs’ owner.

They took a report and issued the dog owner a citation.

COW

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Bassett Road, in Athens, to investigate a report of livestock in the road. Deputies discovered a cow on the side of the road when they arrived in the area. 

The owner was contacted and the issue was resolved.

Learn How to Hide Better

A report of a suspicious vehicle located at the Little General gas station, in Albany, was received by the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies responded to the area and discovered a man sleeping in the vehicle.

The man had multiple active, out-of-county warrants. He was arrested and transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

The Ones That Got Away

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office rescinded to Wollett Road, in Nelsonville, regarding a reported threat. When deputies arrived, they were only able to talk with part of the involved group, as the other portion fled the scene.

The Sheriff’s Office will attempt to locate the subjects.

What Was the Dog Up To?

Deputies responded to an activated residential alarm on Lavelle Road, in Athens, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. When they arrived, they discovered one of the doors into the residence was part-way open. 

Upon checking the home, deputies determined nothing seemed amiss. Shortly following the deputies’ arrival, the property owner arrived. 

Deputies discovered the owner’s dog activated the alarm and the door was not fully shut when the owner left. Deputies returned to patrol.

Should’ve Just Stayed

Deputies assisted EMS personnel to treat a patient claiming he was assaulted at N Plains Road, in The Plains, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The man was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Shortly after arriving at the hospital, the man left on foot. He was located and taken to SEORJ, as he had an active felony warrant.

Safe Shooting

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a complaint of a man shooting a firearm towards the caller’s home. When deputies met with the neighbours they found no reasonable belief the man was shooting in a dangerous manner.

Stick to Proper Hunting Grounds

Deputies were dispatched to a report of possible poaching and butchering of deer in a caller’s woods on Pete Smith Road, in Athens, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Upon arrival, they found no one in the area.

Deputies were told the reported subjects may have been on the neighbor's property. Finding no evidence of poaching, the deputies returned to patrol.

Alone on the Road

A single vehicle, non-injury crash on State Route 356, near the Rock Camp Road and Waterloo Township intersection was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies were dispatched to the area and spoke with the driver.

A report was taken on the crash.

Just Chillin'

Deputies conducted a well-being check on two juveniles in Albany, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Upon arrival, the deputy discovered one was playing Minecraft and the other was napping.

Keep an Eye Out

Deputies were dispatched to The Plains regarding a complaint of a man hiding when he was seen near the caller’s house, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The deputies patrolled the area on foot but were unable to find the man.

Was it a Lemon?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a complaint in reference to the sale of a used car. When deputies arrived they found that no illegal activity occurred. The issue was determined to be civil rather than criminal.

No further action was taken.

Just a Bad Day

Deputies were dispatched to Alderman Road, in Athens, regarding a report of possible trespassers in a vacant lot. Upon arrival, the deputies spoke with those involved and determined they were experiencing vehicle issues.

The individuals were told to stay on the right of way while waiting for their ride.

The deputies then resumed patrol.

@annamillar16

am157219@ohio.edu