Explosive gender reveal party, trail camera stolen

Fight club

A fight on State Route 550 in Athens was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Upon arrival, deputies spoke with the complainant and conducted an investigation.

After the investigation, one man was arrested without incident and sent to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Broken glass

Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to The Plains on a report of suspicious activity. The caller told deputies she had heard the sound of glass breaking.

Deputies arrived at the scene and conducted a patrol of the area, and found no broken glass or anything suspicious. No further action was necessary.

Sober fun

An intoxicated man on a bicycle on Rhoric Road in New Marshfield was reported to the Sheriff’s Office. 

A deputy made contact with the man, who was not intoxicated and did not appear to be under the influence. The deputy then returned to patrol.

Off the grid

A well-being check of a female in Hockingport was requested of Sheriff’s Office deputies. The female had no contact with anyone for over a month.  

Once deputies located the female, she was found to be fine and with no issues. Deputies returned to patrol.

No pictures, please

A trail camera was stolen in The Plains, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office reported.

The area the trail camera pinged was searched, but no camera was found. No further action was taken.

Just a scratch

A reckless driver in the Millfield area of State Route 13 was reported to Sheriff’s Office deputies. Deputies patrolled the area and found the vehicle involved in a minor, single-vehicle accident in a yard. 

The elderly driver of the vehicle was undergoing a health issue and was transported to the hospital by Athens County Emergency Medical Services. 

All good!

Deputies observed a motorcycle crash while on patrol near State Route 56/Hoover Road in Athens.

The driver told deputies he was okay and did not need emergency medical services. The Ohio State Highway Patrol was called to the scene for the crash report.

Ghost in the graveyard

Deputies were sent to the Greenlawn Cemetery on Elm Rock Road in Nelsonville after a caller reported seeing flashlights.

Upon arrival, deputies spoke with three juveniles who stated they were from the Doanville area and walked around in the cemetery often. 

Deputies determined the juveniles were not doing anything wrong but advised them to not be in the cemetery after dark. 

Not a false alarm (for once)

A call referencing a possible breaking and entering incident on East Main Street in Jacksonville was reported to Sheriff’s Office deputies.

Once deputies arrived and conducted their investigation, two men were arrested for criminal damaging, criminal trespass and theft. Both men were transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Rest in peace

Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies reported to Hilltop Cemetery in Millfield in response to a damaged gravestone.

A report was made and as of Sunday, the incident is under investigation. 

#CancelGenderRevealParties

A report of loud explosions on Rock Run Road in Coolville was made to Sheriff’s Office deputies.

Upon arrival, deputies discovered that some residents were having a gender reveal party. The residents were advised to stop letting off explosives. 

kw229520@ohio.edu

@kendallkwright