Top 5 memorable celebrity moments from 2022

It’s time to look back on some of the most memorable celebrity moments from 2022. There are many strong contenders for this list, but these moments stormed the headlines and shook audiences all across America. 

Without further ado, here are the top five memorable celebrity moments from 2022:

5. King Charles’ leaky pen incident

Starting out on the list we have King Charles, whose pen had leaked during a signing of a visitors’ book in Northern Ireland. After the leakage, Charles can be heard muttering himself about how much he hates that pen. The Queen Consort, Camila, took charge of the signing while Charles left the room.

If you want to see this moment for yourself, here is the video of the signing fiasco:

4. Olivia Wilde being given custody papers on stage

Next up is the rather memorable moment when Olivia Wilde gets served custody papers on behalf of her ex partner, Jason Sudeikis. While Wilde was on stage talking about her new film, “Don’t Worry Darling,” a process server walks to the stage to give Wilde the custody papers.

After realizing what it was, she did a perfect job playing off what she just received. Wilde then continued her speech flawlessly and even cracked a few jokes as well.

The full video of her receiving the surprising custody papers can be found below:

3. Bill Clinton’s shoutout at The Game Awards

A child snuck up on stage at The Game Awards to nominate former U.S. President Bill Clinton for the Game of the Year award. This took place just after the real Game of the Year, “Elden Ring” was announced. While the developers were walking up to the stage, the mischievous child joined their group without anyone noticing. 

The kid was polite enough to wait for the developers to finish giving their award speech, which he then said that he wanted to nominate the award to Clinton. Security can be seen escorting the kid offstage as the audience claps at the nomination.

The full clip of the kid sneaking up on stage alongside the developers can be seen below:

2. The Depp v. Heard defamation trial

The court case took place after Johnny Depp filed complaints against his former wife, Amber Heard. Heard counterclaimed, saying that Depp also defamed her. An interesting part of this case is that the trial was live streamed, which allowed viewers on social media to witness the whole ordeal.

The case itself involves many back-and-forths between Depp, Depp’s lawyers, and Heard’s lawyers. Laughter often breaks out during the proceedings as many humorous remarks are stated.

If you want to witness this chaotic court case, then check out this video that shows off some of the best moments from the trial:

1. Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the 94th Academy Awards

Last up is one of the most legendary moments in all of the Academy Awards’ history, Will Smith slapping Chris Rock. The slap happened after Rock made a joke about Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. 

Some of the audience members groaned, while Smith took to stage to deliver the slap. Smith then bellowed at Rock to keep his wife’s name out of his mouth, which Rock awkwardly agreed to. In the aftermath, Smith received heavy criticism on social media for his outburst.

Check out the infamous video below if you have not seen it or need a reminder on how things went down:

@AdamVince11

av207218@ohio.edu