Here are 10 love-like songs to add to your Valentine’s Day playlist

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. With that, you’re going to need music to jam out to to celebrate the holiday. Taken or not, here are 10 songs to add to your Valentine’s Day playlist to ensure a totally awesome holiday.

“Love Songs on the Radio” - Mojave 3

“Love Songs on the Radio” is the perfect song to add to your Valentine’s Day playlist. Coming off the band’s 1995 album, “Ask Me Tomorrow,” “Love Songs on The Radio” sounds like a love song in it of itself and would make a great first dance song at a wedding. The soft vibe of this song will really take you to a dreamy state of being.

“I Will Follow You into The Dark” - Death Cab for Cutie

The beginning of this song starts with the lyrics, “Love of mine, someday you will die, but I'll be close behind, I’ll follow you into the dark.” This implies that when this person’s love enters the afterlife, they’ll be close behind them, suggesting the idea that they can’t be apart. Coming off the band’s 2014 album, “Plans,” “I Will Follow You into The Dark” is the song version of “‘Till death do us apart.”

“No One’s Gonna Love You” - Band of Horses

The title of this song might throw you off at first. “No one’s gonna love you? Wow, nothing says happy Valentine’s Day like that.” However, the rest of the verse goes, “No one’s gonna love you more than I do.” Coming off the band’s 2007 album, “Cease to Begin,” this song will totally get you thinking about that special someone. 

“Love” - Lana Del Ray

This song is relatively recent coming off the 2017 album, “Lust for Life.” In the song, Lana sings about a young girl in love. Key lyrics being, “Doesn’t matter ‘cause it’s enough to be young and in love.” There’s no better song to add to your Valentine’s Day playlist than a song titled “Love.”

“EVERYTHING” - The Black Skirts

This is the perfect song to add to your Valentine’s Day playlist. The song starts off with the lines, “You’re my everything … my everything … my everything.” There’s no greater sign of unconditional love than to be someone’s everything. “EVERYTHING” came out in 2017.

“I Can’t Help Falling In Love” - Rusty Clanton

“I Can’t Help Falling in Love” was released in 2014 and is a cover of the song that was originally written and sung by Elvis Presley. The song, as you have probably guessed, is about a guy who can’t help but fall in love with someone else. The lyrics that conclude the song are, “I can’t help … I can’t help … falling in love … with you.” 

“Video Games” - Lana Del Ray

Another Lana Del Ray song to add to the list, “Video Games” was released in 2012 as a part of her “Born to Die” album. This song, like “Love Songs on the Radio” would also make a great first dance song at a wedding. While one might not think of this song as a lovey song right off the bat, if you really listen to the lyrics, it fits right in. A key verse in this song is, “I tell you all the time … Heaven is a place on earth with you.” Nothing says love like telling someone Heaven is a place on earth with them.

“All Your’n” - Tyler Childers

Released in 2019, this song is the epitome of a modern day love song. The best lyric in this song is, “So I’ll love ya ‘till my lungs give out, I ain’t lying.” “All Your’n” is a part of Childer’s “Country Squire” album and is easily one of his most popular songs.

“Hold You in My Arms” - Ray Lamontagne

“Hold You in My Arms” came out in 2004 as a part of Lamontagne’s “Trouble” album. “Hold You in My Arms” is the fifth most popular song of the singer’s according to Spotify. Holding someone close to you is one of the best parts of loving someone, and so the lyrics, “And I could hold you in my arms, I could hold on forever,” really are perfect for Valentine’s Day.

“You’re Gonna Live Forever in Me” - John Mayer

Arguably one of Mayer’s most famous songs, “You’re Gonna Live Forever in Me” is the perfect song to wrap up your Valentine’s Day playlist. In the song, Mayer sings, “Life is full of sweet mistakes and love’s an honest one we make.” This implies that love is unavoidable, and we can’t help but fall in love.

For a Spotify playlist containing these songs click here.

@olivia_rohling

or325320@ohio.edu