Police Blotter: Barking dog reported in Glouster; car abandoned for two months

That’s not a crime, is it?

The Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to Beech Road in The Plains regarding an in-progress breaking and entering report. The report stated items from the residence were seen being placed into a vehicle. 

When deputies arrived, they discovered no one at the residence. Upon further investigation, deputies spoke with the residents and determined it was not breaking and entering. The residents were moving out and thus removing items from the home.

Deputies returned to patrol.

Just Grouchy

The Athens County Sheriff's Office received a complaint of an argument at Hawk Road in New Marshfield. When deputies arrived, they found no evidence that violence or threats had occurred.

The involved parties were advised to separate by deputies.

Good News

The Athens County Sheriff's Office received a request for a well-being check at Long Run Road in Athens. Upon arrival, deputies found the individual to be healthy and safe.

Don't Leave Your Car Random Places

According to the Athens County Sheriff's Office, an abandoned vehicle was reported on Beech Road, in The Plains. When deputies arrived, they were told the vehicle had been sitting on the property for two months.

Deputies attempted to contact the registered vehicle owner but were unsuccessful. The vehicle was tagged to be towed.

Barking Ghost Maybe?

Deputies were dispatched to Spring Street, in Glouster, regarding a barking dog complaint, according to the Athens County Sheriff's Office. Upon patrolling the area, deputies did not locate any barking dogs.

Sounds like a movie

Deputies were dispatched to Oregon Ridge Road, in Glouster, regarding a car fire, according to the Athens County Sheriff's Office. When they arrived on the scene, deputies conducted an investigation and took a report.

Forget to do something when you left?

An open door on an unfinished cabin in Dover Township was reported to the Athens County Sheriff's Office. When deputies arrived, the structure was checked and no disturbance was found.

Just an unfortunate day

Deputies were dispatched to Rhoric Road, in Athens, regarding a report of a vehicle on the side of the road, according to the Athens County Sheriff's Office. When they arrived, deputies talked to the individuals in the vehicle.

The individuals said they ran out of gas. A neighbor provided the necessary gas and they left the area.

Ring to the rescue

The Athens County Sheriff's Office received a report of a possible burglary in Athens Township. When deputies arrived, the area surrounding the home was patrolled.

Deputies spoke with the owner through their video camera and alarm system. 

No further action was taken.

Just follow the rules

The Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to Sand Ridge Road, in Millfield, regarding a man on house arrest leaving the house. When deputies arrived, the man had already returned to the home.

Deputies talked to the man and made him aware his probation officer would be informed of the incident.

Remember to lock your doors, people

Deputies were dispatched to Chauncey regarding a report of a possible burglary, according to the Athens County Sheriff's Office. The homeowner told deputies their front door was found open when they got home.

Deputies searched the home but found no one inside. The homeowner did not find anything to be stolen or disturbed. 

A report was taken.

If it's not yours, leave it alone

The Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to Dover Township regarding a report of an unknown person trying to get into a vehicle. When deputies arrived, the vehicle owner found nothing was disturbed. 

Deputies patrolled the area for possible suspects.

Don't forget to lock your car doors too

The Athens County Sheriff's Office received a complaint of theft on East 4th Street in The Plains. The caller informed deputies her vehicle was entered and multiple items were stolen.

A report was taken and an investigation is pending.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu