Police Blotter: Man with multiple warrants arrested; mailbox stolen

Be Nice to Your Pets

Deputies received a report of a man yelling at his dog, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The matter was addressed over the phone and the caller informed deputies the incident took place on Oakdale Road in Glouster. No further measures were taken.

Don’t Abandon Your Car

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Chauncey, regarding an abandoned vehicle and suspicious person report. Upon arrival, deputies patrolled the area, but were unable to find the individual described. 

Deputies were unsuccessful in making contact with the vehicle’s registered owner and placed a four-hour tow tag on the car to have it removed.

Keep Track of Your Things

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Go Mart in Coolville, to take possession of a firearm left in the public bathroom. When deputies arrived, they found the firearm’s owner had returned to retrieve it. 

Deputies informed the individual of the dangers of leaving a firearm in a public place prior to returning it to the individual.

False Alarm

Deputies responded to a report of a burglary alarm on Main Street in Millfield, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Upon arrival, deputies inspected the property and found no signs of forced entry.

Deputies returned to patrol.

You Told Me To Leave it Here

Deputies responded to a third-party complaint of a mobile home left on private property, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Upon making contact with the parties involved, deputies discovered the owner of the mobile home had the property owner’s permission to temporarily leave the home on the property.

Simply Existing

Deputies observed a suspicious person while on patrol near Poston Road in The Plains, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies spoke with the man and confirmed no criminal activity was taking place. 

Really? When You’re Already in Trouble?

A suspicious person was reported on Bean Hollow Road in Athens, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. When deputies arrived on the scene, they conducted an investigation and arrested the suspect for criminal trespass and improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle. 

The individual was taken to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail to await his court appearance.

Just Follow the Rules

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a trespasser on Mushrun Road in Athens. When deputies arrived, contact was made with the owner, who informed them a family member was on the property whom he had a trespass complaint against. 

The property owner requested a statement on the matter, but did not wish to file criminal charges. He did request that the family member was contacted and told not to return again. 

The deputy made contact at the family member’s residence, but discovered they had not returned home. Contact will be made with the subject when possible, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Got Mail?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to State Route 550 in Athens, regarding a report of a mailbox theft. Deputies are working to find the suspect.

One Crime at a Time, Please

Deputies responded to a trespassing complaint on South Plains Road in The Plains, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. Upon arrival, deputies made contact with two people and found the man had several felony warrants out for his arrest. 

The man ran away from the deputies but was caught shortly after. Once he was in deputies’ custody, he was taken to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail for his warrants and other charges, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

You Should Really Put Those Plates On

Deputies saw a parked car at a business in The Plains which was not displaying license plates, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The vehicle was checked and deputies found it was not reported stolen and returned to patrol.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu