Dr. Salome Nnoromeie, Interim Vice President of the Division of Diversity and Inclusion, talks to Student Senate about diversity at Ohio University at the meeting Nov. 16, 2022.

Student Senate: New Appointments Made to Key Commissions and Panels

Student Senate met Wednesday and appointed four students to new positions, including positions on the Judicial Panel and Committee on the Budget.

Luke Beccasio was appointed as a member to the Committee on the Budget and was sponsored by Senate Treasurer Trinity Robinson and Senate Vice President Luvina Cooley. 

“So with there being two members currently on the committee, we can’t actually review any budget,” Robinson said. “By adding to the committee, we will finally be able to review all the ones that have unfortunately piled up.” 

Emily Zeiler was also appointed as an Associate Justice on the Judicial Panel and was sponsored by Chief Justice Soren Starkey and Graduate Assistant Nathaniel Padilla. This appointment will allow the panel to have a quorum. 

The other two appointments that occurred during the meeting were the appointment of Kayla Robinson as Residence Life Senator and the appointment of Laurel Zarbaugh as chairperson to the Committee on Senior Honors and Committee on Members Emeriti. 

Additionally, Zeiler announced that applications were now open for senate executive positions on Student Senate’s Bobcat Connect Page. 

During their reports, President Dayna Shoulders and VP Cooley noted that they were open to talking to anyone who was interested in running for their positions. 

Commissioners also shared reports during the meeting, noting programs and initiatives that each of them is working on as the semester continues to progress, including a current survey going out to students through their email to gauge opinions on a university holiday during Election Day 2024. 

@colvin_lydia

lc844519@ohio.edu