What ‘The White Lotus’ character you are based on your major

“The White Lotus” is a show that most people recognize because of one of its central characters, Tanya McQuoid-Hunt. Played by Jennifer Coolidge, McQuoid-Hunt is a millionaire with commitment issues and lavish spending habits. Yet, the show has also become a must-watch because of its interesting and strange cast, especially as the show was set in Italy for its second season.

From exquisite performances from actors such as Aubrey Plaza and Theo James, the HBO drama is one that you simply can’t help but relate to in some way, especially as a college student. With that in mind, here is what character you are from “The White Lotus” based on your major:

Tanya McQuoid-Hunt: General Theater

You tend to be a little bit dramatic at times, sometimes feeling like you have to put on a show for others when you want their attention, but you usually know how to read a room at the right moments. You are a fierce competitor, always prepared to put yourself out there in the riskiest of situations. You love attention and praise, and expect too much of people. You are also gullible at times, letting others’ acting skills influence you, which can lead to bad situations. All in all, you have a big heart, an unmatched level of drive and your kindness is what can allow for good and bad things to happen to you.

Portia: Communications

No offense, but you can be very disorganized at times. You tend to go with the flow of things, but also get overwhelmed when you start to think of your future. You chose this major because you love the multiple paths it can take you down, but you also don’t like diving into specifics. You think better when around people you’re comfortable with and fall under pressure when around bad influences. Your fashion taste is also a little all over the place, but you sometimes show up to class with outfits that simply no one else can pull off except for you. Your relaxed nature is your best asset though, and that’s what draws people in to you.

Harper Spiller: Political Science

Like Harper, you have a strong passion for justice and politics, and maybe want to become a lawyer in the nearby future. You are stubborn and driven, but lack warmth and kindness when you become too invested in your work. You are definitely not the warm and fuzzy type, but once people get to know you, they can trust you with anything. You are loyal and intuitive, always knowing when someone is deceiving you. Yet, you can also be secretive and guarded at times, which makes people intimidated by you.

Cameron Sullivan: Business

Unfortunately, you fit the business major stereotype most of the time, tending to boast about your accomplishments and personal qualities. You are a materialist, hence why you want to go into business, and this can lead you to prioritizing the wrong things in life. Yet, you are confident, smart and wildly charming, which is why people can’t help but like you. You know how to let loose and have a good time when the work day is over, and you’re never afraid to include new people into your circle.

Daphne Sullivan: Interior Architecture

You have an eye for fashion and architecture, much like Daphne Sullivan in “The White Lotus,” and you always show up looking the most presentable in the room. You practice self-care and affirmations, confident in your beauty and intelligence. While you may have flawed ideas about other majors, you don’t try to bring anyone down to their face, but every once in a while your comments can be back-handed. You love design and traveling, finding inspiration in the art around you, as well as the culture.

Simona Tabasco: Marketing

Like Simona, you know how to market yourself to others, especially in times of crises. While your persuasive abilities are what make you stand out amongst the crowd, you can also easily mislead people with your intentions. You live life on the edge with no anxiety or regret, always looking for the next opportunity to make a name for yourself. You also can focus on exactly what you want, not letting others dissuade you from it. You are classy, edgy and someone who simply does not care what other people think, doing whatever it takes to win in the end.

@grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu