The Green Door to open on March 17 in Albany Ohio

The Green Door, a home decor store, will be opening in Albany this March. The business was started by Brooke Albin, the wife of Ohio’s head football coach Tim Albin, and their daughter, Tori.

This storefront will be located at 5452 Washington Road in Albany, Ohio, and will host a grand opening on March 17. The store will be open on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. 

“It is a small family business. The space that we have is very small. It's like a boutique with a couple of rooms just to get us started and see how it goes,” Albin said. “We're going to be open Thursday, Friday and Saturday to start by having limited hours just to get it going.”

The Green Door plans to sell modern home decor, scented soy candles and wax melts, and will maintain a stock of Bath and Body Works products. 

Some of the products being sold are hand-made, including furniture that is refurbished by Ohio University communications professor Lynn Harter. 

“I’ve always been drawn to vintage items,” Harter said in an email. “I see a 100-year-old armoire and wonder about the path it has traveled even as I imagine future stories. My husband, Scott, and I enjoy refurbishing antiques. I’m delighted to share some of our work at The Green Door including hand-made charcuterie boards, dried floral bouquets, and more.”

Other products will be sourced from other companies, like devotional and faith products from The Daily Grace Company. 

Albin said she feels her family has a strong connection with the university because of her husband's position and plans on carrying some OU items, such as clothing and decor by next football season. 

“We're hoping to carry some Bobcat things, we haven't found the company that we want to go with yet,” Albin said. “I think closer to football season, we're hoping to have some shirts, and we have a few decor-type things for Ohio.” 

McKenzie Yazdani, an OU alumna, owns the neighboring business, Threefold Roasters. Yazdani said she has been a resident of the Albany community and is confident that The Green Door will provide the surrounding community with more development and positivity.

“We truly are over the moon to have another business coming into the village,” Yazdani said. “I think it's going to do nothing but bring positivity, bring more development, and bring more to the community. We are so excited.”

Yazdani said the addition of The Green Door will provide Threefold Roasters with a whole new type of clientele while bringing new businesses into the community.

“I think it'll fit perfectly. (The Green Door) will have something that I don't think Albany has really ever had, something that I know people love,” Yazdani said. 

Albin said she plans on bringing more to the community with The Green Door, and also plans to donate some of the profit to local charities in the area, such as Athletes In Action and the local dog shelters.

“We just are going to take ideas each month of how we can help, and put that back into the community,” Albin said. “It's really for a fun family thing, and we're more setting it up just to benefit the community than ourselves, that's kind of what our mission is.”

@paigemafisher

pf585820@ohio.edu