Student Senate hears questions about campus safety at the Student Senate Town Hall meeting on March 29, 2023, in Ohio University's Walter Hall. (Megan VanVlack | For The Post)

Student Senate: Megan Handle wins Student Senate presidency

The Ohio University Student Senate’s election winners were announced Friday evening in Baker University Center. Megan Handle won the position of president, Isaac Davis won the position of vice president and Reagan Farmer won the position of treasurer.

Following technical difficulties with the original voting ballot, results from Tuesday’s votes were scrapped, and all results are based on Wednesday’s ballot. This year, 1,158 students voted in the election, almost double the 638 voters who participated in Senate’s 2022-23 election.

Handle, a junior studying social work, won president with 507 votes. Handle currently serves as Senate’s women’s affairs commissioner.

Davis, a sophomore studying history and political science, won vice president with 500 votes. Davis currently serves as a Greek life senator and is the vice president of the Ohio Interfraternity Council.

Farmer, a sophomore studying political science, won treasurer with 470 votes.

“I’m very honored and excited, ready to get to work and ready for next year,” Handle said following the announcement. “I’m so excited.”

“We’re very happy with the results today,” Davis said. “We’re really looking forward to taking the next steps and improving the lives of some people on campus, and this is just the first step in doing that.”

Farmer, a student-athlete at OU, was unable to attend the meeting due to a softball event and was, therefore, unreachable for immediate comment.

Full election results are available on the Senate’s Judicial Panel’s Instagram @oujudicialpanel. Winners will assume their roles at the start of the Fall Semester of the next academic year.

@jack_solon

js573521@ohio.edu