Police Blotter: Dog hit by delivery truck, person missing on trailhead

Caught red-handed

A suspicious, possibly intoxicated woman at the Marathon gas station in Albany was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

An officer responded to the area and made contact with the female. During their conversation, it was determined that she had an active warrant from the Vinton County Sheriff’s Office.

The woman was arrested and transferred to custody in the Vinton County Sheriff’s Office without incident.

Getting my steps in

An elderly person, who possibly needed assistance, walking along the roadway on McCoy Avenue in Albany was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

After arriving, a deputy spoke with the individual, who said he was out on a walk. The deputy then returned to patrol.

This isn’t a racetrack, buddy

An individual driving a loud demolition derby car on W. Wilson Road, New Marshfield, was reported to Sheriff’s Office deputies.

Deputies patrolled the area but had no luck finding the vehicle. 

Run-run-runaway baby

A runaway juvenile in The Plains was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

NOOOOOOO!

A woman told deputies that a delivery truck hit her dog on Mayles Ridge Road in Stewart. As of Tuesday, the case is still under investigation.

No visitors, please

A male screaming and pounding on someone’s door on Bean Road in The Plains was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies spoke with the homeowner and patrolled the area but did not locate the man described.

Bring her on home

Deputies responded to the Bailey’s Trail System trailhead in Chauncey to help find a missing person. Upon arrival, a drone was deployed and found the missing woman within five minutes. 

The Chauncey Fire Department and Wayne National Forest employees were then directed to her location and were able to help her back safely.

Say no to drugs

Two individuals smoking methamphetamine at Roy Avenue in The Plains were reported to deputies.

Deputies patrolled the area but had no luck finding the individuals. 

Get pranked

A theft on Hamley Road was reported to Sheriff’s Office deputies.

The individual told the officers that money was taken from his truck while walking on the bike path. Deputies then took a report of the theft.

The man later called back and advised officers that he had found his money. No further action was necessary.

Just doing my job!

A suspicious man on Alton Street in Albany was reported to the Sheriff’s Office. 

An officer responded to the area and made contact with the individual. It was determined that the man was servicing several computers at the water tower. 

The deputy resumed patrol.

Chhhccssshshhhhh *more car crash noises*

Sheriff’s deputies were on patrol when they saw a two-vehicle accident on US 50 near Andover in Athens.

Not my problem anymore …

An abandoned truck on Waterworks Hill Road in Glouster was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The vehicle was found to be abandoned after being involved in an accident. The Ohio State Highway Patrol arrived on the scene, and deputies resumed patrol.

Alley cat (car)

A vehicle blocking an alleyway on Monroe Street in Chauncey was reported to Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies.

Officers made contact with the owner of the vehicle, who then proceeded to move it.

kw229520@ohio.edu

@kendallkwright