Some members of the Culture staff celebrate Thanksgiving.

What the Culture staff is looking forward to

With the school year starting back up, there are a lot of emotions to navigate. Fear and anxiety can be common ones for incoming freshmen, but upperclassmen usually enter the new school year with excitement and anticipation.

The Culture staff at The Post is not immune to these feelings, with many of the writers enthusiastic for what is to come. 

What are you looking forward to about coming back?

Abby Jenkins: Writing for The Post, of course!

Grace Koennecke: I'm so excited to be back in weekly meetings and meet new writers this year! I also can't wait to be a part of the editing team and work with new people this year.

Abby Blose: Autumn walks to class!

Isabella Pedrera: I am looking forward to making new memories and going into this year with the knowledge of last year.

What was your favorite memory from last year?

Gabrielle Cabanes: Writing the Bob Woodward story and getting to ask him a question.

Kylie Bridgeman: The sibs weekend F.A.C.E.S show! 

Jenkins: My mom, a Bobcat alumna, came down to Athens and we celebrated her birthday.

Lauren Key: My favorite memory from last year was my first culture meeting. I for real thought I was in “13 Going on 30” sitting at the round table.

What is your number one advice for the school year?

Alyssa Cruz: You can do so much more and meet so many new people if you’re kind and open to new things!

Sophia Rooksberry: Be gracious as you find your school/work/life balance, do what works best for you and be kind to yourself! 

Bridgeman: Get involved. There are so many amazing organizations on campus waiting to welcome you with open arms!

McKenna Christy: Take things one day at a time! It will go by fast, and sometimes you just need to take it easy.