Police Blotter: Vehicles vandalized, suspicious camera found on property

Tree Hugger

Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies were sent to state Route 550 in Millfield, concerning stolen trees.

Upon arrival, a report was filed.

Count your steps

A man walking along state Route 682 in The Plains was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies questioned the male, who said he was fine and walking home from school. Officers returned to patrol.

Ghost rider

An intoxicated male driving a motorcycle in Coolville was reported to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Officers patrolled the area but did not find the described suspect.

Poor pup

Officers received a complaint in Coolville about the possible location of the caller’s lost dog.

Deputies determined that the caller had been scammed and advised her to file a report with her local law enforcement agency.

Help a kid out

Officers spoke with a minor who had questions about who has custody of them and whether it could change.

Deputies confirmed that the juvenile’s current living situation was not putting them in any harm. No further assistance was requested.

Oh $#!^

A complainant informed Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies that both of her vehicles had been vandalized.

Her vehicles, located on Vore Ridge Road in Athens, had vulgar words spray-painted on them. Officers filed a report.

On their grind

Suspicious activity on Minkers Run Road in Nelsonville was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies determined that the suspicious individuals were students working on a project.

Looking around

A call of juveniles looking into the windows of a house on Rock Street in Coolville was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies patrolled the area but did not observe any criminal activity.

I’m doing donuts!!

A case of harassment on Bean Hollow Road in Athens was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

The complainant told officers that a vehicle had been doing burnouts on the road and trying to provoke the caller. Deputies patrolled the area but did not observe any criminal activity.

You’re cut off!

A drunk and disorderly male at Settler’s Festival in Jacksonville was reported to deputies. On scene, officers were able to make contact with the suspect.

An event organizer at the festival requested that officers remove the man from the premises. The man was then transported back to his home and released to a sober individual. No further action was necessary.

Adventuring

A case of breaking and entering on Tick Ridge Road in Amesville was reported to Sheriff’s Office deputies. Three individuals were seen breaking into an abandoned residence.

Upon arrival, deputies found these individuals walking on the road and made contact. A report was taken, and as of the weekend, the investigation is pending.

Family matters

A dispute between a mother and son on Carol Lane in The Plains was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, the parties were separated. The son informed officers that he had a ride on the way to pick him up. Officers took an incident report.

Ditch-ed

A man in a ditch on Jacksonville Road in Millfield was reported to deputies. Once on scene, officers found the male sitting on a bridge.

The individual was fine and was then picked up by a family member. Deputies returned to patrol.

Check Everything

Deputies responded to Mill Street in Chauncey regarding suspicious activity. 

Once deputies met with the owner of the property, the complainant showed officers a camera they found on the property that did not belong to them. Deputies took the camera as evidence and filed a report.

@kendallkwright

kw229520@ohio.edu