The Ohio University Police Department at the Ridges. 

Racist aggravated menacing reported to OUPD

The Ohio University Police Department received a report Sunday for aggravated menacing with firearms that occurred early in the morning on E. Union Street near University Terrace. 

Three Black female students reported hearing two groups of males arguing near Schoonover Center at 20 E. Union St.

The students reported hearing one of the alleged perpetrators using a racist slur, and one of the women challenged the use of the word. 

The female students reported two of the males threatened them with what appeared to be firearms with laser sights before fleeing on foot toward Court Street.

One group of males left the area while the other group threatened the three students, following them to Jeff Hill while yelling racist phrases at the women, according to a police report. 

The group of males consisted of three white men and one biracial or Black man, according to the police report. 

The report provided descriptions for three of the four men. One white male was wearing a dark blue hooded sweatshirt, black pants and black shoes. A second white male was wearing a green sweatshirt, black track pants, black beanie and white shoes. The third white male was wearing a dark green coat with orange accents, blue jeans and white shoes. No description was provided for the fourth male. 

If anyone has information about the incident, OUPD is asking for it to be sent to them at 740-593-1911 or police@ohio.edu 

@paytondaug

pd162120@ohio.edu