Stolen instruments, identity theft

Exit where?

A report was taken for damaged exit signs at James Hall, according to the Ohio University Police Department. 

Whodunnit

According to the Athens County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to a possibly intoxicated driver in The Plains.

After patrolling the area, they were unable to locate the blue sedan that had been reported.

Harassment on the telly!

OUPD responded to Luchs Hall for an incident of anonymous telecommunications harassment. 

OUPD took a report for the threatening messages. 

Harassment on the telly pt 2.

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office reported that deputies spoke on the phone with a caller who was allegedly being harassed by an ex-partner. 

After receiving screenshots from the ex’s friend of vague harassing statements, deputies advised the caller to block the ex and look into a protection order.

Deputies tried to make contact with the ex but could not get a hold of them.

You shall not pass

Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to Lexington Avenue in Chauncey for a trespassing complaint. Upon arrival, deputies decided things were civil.

After informing the caller of the eviction process, deputies resumed patrol.

Are you OK?

Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies reported to Bethany Ridge Road in Guysville to conduct a well-being check on a female resident.

Deputies determined the woman was in good health and suggested she contact her family. No further action was taken.

Just a mix-up

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to Bobo Road in Guysville with reports of a prowler. While deputies were on their way to the scene, the caller canceled.

The caller said the alleged prowler was just family. Deputies returned to patrolling. 

Where is my clarinet?

OUPD responded to a musical instrument theft in Glidden Hall. A report was taken. 

He stole it!

Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to Mill Street in Chauncey for a report of a stolen vehicle. 

While deputies were on their way to respond, they were notified the vehicle had been repossessed rather than stolen.

No further action was taken, and Athens County Sheriff’s deputies resumed patrol.

Catch me if you can

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a caller on state Route 56 in New Marshfield concerning a fraudulent check being cashed.

Deputies took a report and resumed patrol.

Sound the alarm

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a commercial alarm on North Plains road in The Plains.

Upon arrival, deputies found the business to be secure. No further action was taken. 

Sound the alarm pt 2.

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a residential alarm in Rome Township but found the residence to be secure. Deputies resumed patrol.

Sound the alarm pt 3. 

Deputies from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office were again dispatched but for a commercial burglary alarm in Millfield.

The area was checked and found to be secure with no problems.

Sound the alarm pt 4. 

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to another alarm on Center Street in New Marshfield. 

After contacting the resident, deputies determined the alarm was set off accidentally.

No further action was taken.

Mine, Mine, Mine

Deputies responded to a property dispute between two parties on Biddyville Road, according to Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

After speaking with both parties, deputies advised them about future actions.

No further action was taken and deputies resumed patrol.

Buttdial

Deputies responded to an open 911 call on state Route 689, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Once on the scene, deputies spoke with the male caller who said he accidentally called 911.

No further action was needed.

Police chase

In the Albany area, deputies responded to a request for aid and vehicle pursuit by the Meigs County deputies. 

The Meigs County deputies were in pursuit of a vehicle that briefly entered Athens County before returning to Meigs County. 

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies returned to patrol once the Ohio State Patrol entered the pursuit. 

Mysterious visitor

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to a report of a suspicious person on Monroe Street in Chauncey who had been present two nights prior. 

After arriving on the scene and speaking with the caller, deputies advised them to call when they see the suspicious person.

A report was completed. 

Identity theft is not a joke, Jim!

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to Cross Street in The Plains on a report of identity theft.

According to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office, the caller told deputies that someone from the internet had her personal information.

Deputies advised her about the proper steps to take in monitoring her information.

Alley rave

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to High Street in Glouster for a man possibly using narcotics in an alley. 

After patrolling the area, deputies were unable to locate the male. 

The road is your oyster

Athen County Sheriff’s deputies responded to Hamilton Lane in Athens for a report of an ATV driving on the roadway. 

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies contacted the individual and told the individual to keep the vehicle off the roadway.

Get off my lawn

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to state Route 550 for an animal complaint.

The caller reported that her neighbor's dog kept going onto her property. 

Deputies advised the neighbors to keep their dog on their property.

No further action was needed.

You won’t get away next time

Deputies responded to Marietta Run Road in Amesville regarding a white truck driving up and down the roadway.

After patrolling the area the vehicle was not located and gone on arrival.

No further action was taken. 

@emthegemmy 

es542222@ohio.edu