5 Candidates for April’s 'White Boy of the Month'

In the age of social media, the worship of celebrities has undergone a radical transformation. Platforms like X (previously known as Twitter) have become breeding grounds for fan communities, each trying to elevate their favorite stars to icon status. Inside this digital world, one phenomenon reigns supreme: the monthly coronation of the "White Boy of the Month."

In this whirlwind of admiration, stan X floods the internet with edits, fan cams and declarations of undying affection for a rotating cast of heartthrobs, predominantly comprising of white men. With April started, the talks of the crowning of this month’s notorious white boy are underway. 

Here are some candidates for April’s “White Boy of the Month:”

Callum Turner is more than the "Masters of the Air"

Callum Turner has been in the entertainment industry for over a decade now. The London-born 34-year-old actor has seen a rise in fame with his role as Theseus Scamander in the “Fantastic Beasts” series and lead roles in “The Boys in the Boat” (2023) and the miniseries “Masters of the Air” (2024).

Edits of his characters have even gone viral on TikTok. One edit of his portrayal of real-life Olympic rower Joe Rantz reached 1.5 million views. Another TikTok of his portrayal of American pilot John C. Egan in “Masters of the Air” reached 1 million views. 

On top of his acting roles, he is also making headlines for his relationship with singer Dua Lipa. Many fans can’t decide if they want to be them or be with them.

Turner’s career as a rising heartthrob is one to look out for, making him a great contender for “White Boy of the Month.”  

Joseph Quinn is blazing past the borders of "Stranger Things"

In 2022, Joseph Quinn went viral for his role as Eddie Munson in Season 4 of “Stranger Things.”

Some audiences found the character, and the wave of reenactments on TikTok, to be cringy. However, his character’s inclusion in the show was a hit among other fans who found him hot. This rise in popularity kickstarted the #EddieMusonCult, which was named after the cult-like following the character received.

In one of the season’s most pivotal moments, Munson played a guitar solo in the show’s alternate dimension. The scene was loved by many fans, and it has received over 11 million views on YouTube.

Quinn was recently announced to play Johnny Storm in the upcoming “Fantastic Four” adaption.

Quinn is guaranteed to light up the big screen in his future endeavors, giving his increasingly growing “cult” newer and hotter content. 

Dominic Sessa’s debut was groundbreaking in more ways than one

Dominic Sessa, a 21-year-old actor, made his acting debut as Angus Tully in “The Holdovers” (2023), which won 132 awards including an Oscar.

The 2024 Critics Choice Award winner has charmed the internet with his awkward comedic skills in the role, and his portrayal of Tully has provided humorous content for TikTok edits.

To the pleasant surprise of many, Sessa doesn’t seem too different from his character. In a video with Vanity Fair, Sessa shows the geeky charm his fans have come to adore. In one TikTok amassing over eight hundred thousand views, a fan expresses her love for the actor’s odd charm. 

Harris Dickinson’s allure has proven to be irresistible

With acting roles spanning a decade, east London native Harris Dickinson first made waves as Liam Stewert in the 2018 adaption of “The Darkest Minds.” His more recent work in the 2023 miniseries “A Murder at the End of the World” earned him a Best Supporting Actor nomination at the 2024 British Academy Television Awards.

His roles in “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” (2019), “The King’s Man” (2021) and “The Iron Claw” (2023) have further solidified his following of adoring fans. A TikTok of his character from “The Darkest Minds” reached 3.1 million views while another TikTok featuring his role in “Triangle of Sadness” (2022) reached 1 million views.

This heartthrob has given dazzling charm consistently for the past few years. With his massive resurgence in the public eye, Dickinson is a perfect candidate for April’s “White Boy of the Month.”

Nicholas Galitzine's princely charm dazzles the public

Starring alongside Sofia Carson in the 2022 movie “Purple Hearts,” British actor Nicholas Galitzine stole hearts as an American Marine who marries a struggling singer to acquire marriage benefits.

Galitzine’s role in the 2022 film put him on the radar of many romance lovers. His recent role as Prince Henry in the romantic comedy “Red, White & Royal Blue” (2023) showed his charm and provided romantic LGBTQIA+ representation.

On TikTok, Galitzine is a huge star. His hashtag on TikTok has over 65,000 posts. He is also active on TikTok, with his video reaction to a “Purple Hearts” scene having 59 million views.

Galitzine has an upcoming role in the movie adaptation of the book “The Idea of You,” alongside Anne Hathaway. He plays 24-year-old Hayes Campbell, the lead singer of the fictional famous boy band August Moon. Campbell falls in love with Solène Marchand, a 40-year-old single mom played by Hathaway.

Galtzine’s taking the romance genre by storm, and his fans are being well-fed as their numbers continue to grow.

From seasoned veterans like Turner to rising stars like Quinn and Sessa, each nominee for “White Boy of the Month” brings a unique charm and talent to the table. Their portrayal of characters has captured the imaginations of fans worldwide, sparking trends, discussions and even cult-like followings.

Ultimately, whether it's the smoldering charm of Dickinson or the princely allure of Galitzine, the dedication of stan culture shows the power of fandom to elevate and celebrate its favorites.

siimply_nyny

ng972522@ohio.edu