Ohio hockey received national attention on Friday, as two Bobcats were given American Collegiate Hockey Association honors.

Newly graduated forward Brett Agnew was named a third team All-American in the annual ACHA announcement, while sophomore forward Patrick Spellacy was named to the All-Rookie team.

The All-American honor is icing on the cake to what was already a career season for Agnew in his final year with the Bobcats. He finished the season with a career-high 53 points, and was a key leader on an Ohio team that accumulated 30 wins and a Central States Collegiate Hockey League runner-up spot.

Agnew, an assistant captain in the 2013-2014 season, had his second consecutive All-American spot reflected not only in his season statistics, but also in his career numbers. He finished his career with over 200 points and 100 goals, both of which put him among the all-time Bobcat leaders.

While Agnew's honor is a final accolade attached to the end of a successful career, Spellacy's is the first of its kind he's received at the dawn of his own promising career. The freshman racked up 43 points on the season, being a crucial piece in the starting lineup since day one.

Spellacy's most memorable game of the season came on November 16th against Lindenwood, when he thrilled the home crowd by scoring on the game-tying shot in the final seconds, and then making the game-winning goal in overtime.

Agnew and Spellacy were two of the seven CSCHL players given ACHA honors on Friday.