Starts and sits for fantasy football owners in week four.

Current record: 7-2

Four weeks into the NFL, fantasy studs and duds are becoming prevalent. If it’s Jamaal Charles or LeSean McCoy bogging teams down, the NFL season has been a tough one for some owners.

Week four will see bye weeks for the Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks, Cleveland Browns and the Arizona Cardinals. That’s four teams that have some valuable fantasy options, including Peyton Manning, Marshawn Lynch and Michael Floyd sitting out.

Here’s some starts and sits for week four:

Quarterback

Start: Philip Rivers, quarterback for the San Diego Chargers (20-23 points): Rivers will go up against a very weak Jaguars defense this week that has given up the most fantasy points to quarterbacks this season. Expect Rivers and the high-octane Chargers offense to run all over Jacksonville.

Sit: Nick Foles, quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles (10-14 points): This is a tricky situation, since Foles and the Eagles are one of the best offenses in the NFL. What worries me about Foles going against a 49ers defense that has numerous question marks all over the roster, is that San Francisco is very consistent against the run. Vic Fangio’s defense will certainly make Chip Kelly’s offense one dimensional by sopping McCoy. Foles will then really more on the pass which could actually be worse for Philly. Philly is at it’s best when McCoy and Sproles are involved in the offense. Be cautious starting Foles.

Running Back

Start: Alfred Morris, running back for the Washington Redskins (10-13 points): Even though he’s playing on Thursday night, expect Morris to have a solid outing versus the Giants. This is a Giant’s defense that has been inconsistent against the run.

Sit: Chris Johnson, running back for the New York Jets (3-7 points): Johnson is clearly not the same player he was a few years ago. Johnson has been losing carries to a heavy Jets’ backfield and I think we are looking at the finale of Johnson’s once promising career.

Wide Receiver

Start: Calvin Johnson, wide receiver for the Detroit Lions (15-19 points): Johnson is going against a Jets’ defense that just gave up a 100-yard game versus Alshon Jeffery and the Chicago Bears. New York also allowed two touchdown catches from Martellus Bennett. Expect Johnson to have some dynamic plays this week.

Sit: Any Miami Dolphins receiver (4-10 points): Yes, it’s Oakland. But Oakland has one of the best pass defenses in the league. I would not actually advise Hartline, Wallace and Landry.

Tight End

Start: Greg Olsen, tight end for the Carolina Panthers (8-12 points): With the lack of running backs available for Cam Newton and the Panthers, expect Ron Rivera to throw the ball a lot more against the Baltimore. Olsen, who’s always been a reliable target for Newton, should have a decent game for owners.

Sit: Charles Clay, tight end for the Miami Dolphins (4-8 points): *See Receivers*

Kickers

Start: Nick Novak, kicker for the San Diego Chargers (6-10 points): San Diego should move the ball well against Jacksonville. Expect Novak to get numerous chances to score.

Sit: Dan Carpenter, kicker for the Buffalo Bills (3-5 points): Kickers are always tough to predict since they depend on the team’s offense. Carpenter is still the best kicker right now, but the Bills’ offense has been struggling.

Defense

Start: Atlanta Falcons defense (14 points): Atlanta’s defense will be going up against a Viking’s offense that has been worse than the Simpson’s after season 10. The Falcons should be able to apply pressure to rookie QB Teddy Bridgewater.

Sit: New Orleans or Dallas Cowboys defense (4-6 points): The Cowboys and Saints game is looking like a big shootout. Probably best not to have either defense starting.

Fantasy Player of the Week: Andrew Luck, quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts — Luck had a huge game against the Jaguars last week, as the third year QB posted 32 points for owners.

@Lukeoroark

Lr514812@ohio.edu