Two fundamentalist christian protesters stood opposite the top of Baker University Center today spouting views opposing homosexuality and abortion with a large sign and megaphone. 

A man with a speaker, who has been to OU multiple times carrying the same message in recent years, compared murder to being gay, for example, as students debated his views. 

About 25 students counter-protested, holding signs reading "the roots of homophobia are fear and more fear" and, "different is beautiful so be yourself."

Casey Barnes, a freshman from Columbus studying political science, told the speaker, "you coming out here and preaching like this is turning people away form what they want to do." 

"If you don't start easing your way into a subject ... you're gonna make people more entrenched in their disbelief of what you're saying," Barnes told The Post

Around 1:50 p.m., an Ohio University Police Department officer told the speaker that the protest would have to end if he continued to block the sidewalk. Students congregating around him and his message spilled into Park Place. 

@WillDrabold

dd195710@ohio.edu