Zombieland plays at midnight at the Athena Cinema, with audience members getting free Twinkies.

The Halloween season has always been a special time for the movies, and the Athena Cinema knows it. To celebrate it, it will be hosting a midnight screening of the horror comedy hit Zombieland for one night only on Friday.

Regular Athena ticket prices will apply, $6.50 per ticket or $5.50 for senior patrons, but audience members who attend the screening will get a free Twinkie with the price of a ticket, while supplies last.

The decision to host the movie came after the theater received tons of requests to host the movie. The Athena felt the Halloween season was a great time to bring the movie back to theaters.

As for the Twinkies, the theater’s decision on the matter makes sense, if one is familiar with the film.

Starring Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin and a surprise cameo from a certain comedy legend, the horror-comedy has grown a strong following since its release, prompt talk of a sequel and producing a pilot from Amazon that ultimately didn’t get picked up.

If one is looking for a fun activity Halloween night, look no further than the Athena to get some laughs and see some bloody zombie deaths.

@thewillofash

wa054010@ohio.edu