Take inspiration from these outfits to look your best on New Year's.

Figuring out what to wear for parties can be hard sometimes, especially when it’s an important event such as New Year’s Eve. These five outfits, assembled from several clothing brands via Polyvore, are here to offer inspiration for different parties that you might be attending.

new years 1

This look works well for a more dressed-up environment or a casual setting. The high neck sweater from Topshop makes anyone look put together, and the small buttons on the cuffs offer a cute touch. The high-waisted suede skirt is very in this season, and the color brings out the rose gold watch and the suede ankle boots.

Sweater: Topshop ($37), Skirt: Glamorous ($48), Watch: Olivia Burton ($230), Tights: Falke ($45), Boots: Gianvito Rossi ($975)

new years 2

If you want to stand out from the crowd, a sequined dress is a great way. A cute updo would look best and would keep any hairs from getting caught in the sequins. To keep warm, a faux fur gilet is a great option that is just as eye catching. Strappy black heels will up the ante on the show-stopping dress. Jewelry isn’t really needed for the look.

Dress: Slate & Willow ($50), Fur Gilet: DKNY ($335), Heels: Nly ($28)

new years 3

For a more casual get-together, a sleeveless sweater and high-waisted black jeans are a great choice. Chelsea boots are a great option for any outfit, and the pointed toe of the boots is a fun detail. If you stick to neutral clothes, using a bright red lipstick and nail polish is a fun way to incorporate color. Simple jewelry, such thin bangles and stud earrings, keep the outfit looking polished.

Sweater: 1205 ($365), Jeans: Topshop ($54), Boots: Mango ($45), Bangles: J.C. Penney ($11), Earrings: Kay ($899), Nail Polish: Essie ($8.50), Lipstick: MAC Cosmetics ($17)

new years 4

Neutrals have been seen everywhere and on everyone lately and are easy to create eye catching looks with. A quality leather jacket is an absolute must, and the soft blush color makes the jacket stand out. Loose fitting T-shirt dresses are a staple for any closet, and they’re really easy to dress up. Knee high boots make everyone look effortlessly cool, especially with a higher heel. The small, dainty rings always add a nice touch to any outfit thrown together.

Jacket: T by Alexander Wang ($795), Dress: Monki ($16), Boots: Saint Laurent ($1,495), Bag: Mansur Gavriel ($508), Rings: Miss Selfridge ($11)

new years 5

A simple tunic blouse gives clean lines and a neatness that many strive for. To dress down a blouse like that, medium wash denim is a good choice. To keep up a more professional look, a pencil skirt would do the trick. A fleece-lined, hooded jacket will keep you warm and fashionable on New Year’s. Ankle boots are never a bad choice, especially when they’re covered in glitter. They’re flashy and fun and totally have a party spirit.

Blouse: Derek Lam ($310), Coat: Zara ($40), Jeans: NYDJ ($240), Boots: Saint Laurent ($465), Ring: Irene Neuwirth ($2,200)

Enjoy New Year’s Eve being the best dressed at any party going on that night!

@lynanneclaire

lv586814@ohio.edu