An Ohio University Police car parked outside of Scott Quadrangle. 

OUPD reports two sex crimes over Halloween weekend

In an incident of voyeurism, a male reported another person possibly filming or taking pictures of him. OUPD also assisted Athens Police Department with an incident of gross sexual imposition.

Saturday and Sunday, the Ohio University Police Department received two reports of sex crimes, the 12th and 13th reported to Athens-area law enforcement this semester.

OUPD responded to a report of gross sexual imposition occurring on Union Street about midnight Sunday morning.

The incident occurred under the jurisdiction of the Athens Police Department, and OUPD forwarded the report to APD, according to the OUPD public call log.

As of press time, the APD report was not available.

That incident marks the third reported gross sexual imposition of the semester.

A student reported gross sexual imposition to OUPD on Oct. 15, alleging that the incident occurred Aug. 22.

The OUPD report did not specify the gender of the student who reported the crime or the location, but did indicate alcohol may have been involved.

The report included no other information.

OUPD arrested a former OU basketball player for gross sexual imposition Sept. 9, the day after a woman reported unwanted sexual conduct to the department. The charges were dropped Sept. 14.

On Sept. 10, a female student reported gross sexual imposition to OUPD. In the OUPD incident report, the student alleged that a male acquaintance had sexual contact with her Sept. 3.

In the second sex related crime reported this weekend, a male reported to OUPD that another person possibly was filming him in the sixth floor bathroom at Alden Library Saturday afternoon, according to an OUPD report.

The male who reported the incident did not recognize the person who was allegedly recording him, and the report did not specify a gender.

The report classified the incident as voyeurism, and the incident is the second instance of voyeurism reported to OUPD this semester.

On Oct. 7, a male student reported voyeurism in the first floor Baker Center bathroom. The student reported seeing an unknown male watching him from the crack between the door and the wall, according to the OUPD report.

bg272614@ohio.edu

@baileygallion