An OUPD vehicle is parked outside of Scott Quad. (JOSHUA LIM | FILE)

OUPD releases second crime alert of the week for alleged rape

A day after releasing a crime alert for an alleged rape committed on South Green, the Ohio University Police Department issued an alert for another rape allegedly committed across campus.

At approximately 6:20 p.m. Sunday, a female reported that she had been raped in her dorm room in Ryors Hall by an unknown male at 3 a.m. earlier that day, according to the alert, which was issued Monday evening.

The woman alleged that after meeting the unknown male suspect on West Union Street, the two walked back to her room, where the woman then fell asleep. She woke up to find the perpetrator engaging in sexual contact with her without her consent.

The suspect is described as a white male with “long blonde wavy hair” who was wearing a white hooded sweatshirt. According to the crime alert, the case is currently under investigation.

The crime alert is the fourth for an alleged rape to be released by OUPD for the academic year. According to the department’s website, OUPD issues crime alerts when an incident poses a threat to students, faculty or staff.

At approximately 5 a.m. Sunday, another female reported having been raped by a man in her Armbruster Hall dorm room. The male was described as having short dark hair and wearing khaki pants and a gray hooded sweatshirt.

@lauren__fisher

lf966614@ohio.edu