Gov. John Kasich speaks at a campaign event in New Hampshire in 2016. (provided via Gage Skidmore)

Kasich appoints newest OU Board of Trustees member

Eileen M. Sheil was appointed as a member of the Ohio University Board of Trustees by Gov. John Kasich on Thursday.

Sheil has worked in communications for the past 22 years, mostly with healthcare. She hopes to tie her experience with communications to one of the committees on the board to support the university.

“I want to be able to give back and help the university be the best it can be and attract the best and brightest students,” Sheil said. 

She is active with the university and wanted to become more involved, she said. Sheil's daughter, Lauren, is a rising sophomore studying strategic communication at OU and a Post columnist. 

She works as the executive director of corporate communications at Cleveland Clinic. There, Sheil oversees internal and external strategic communications, crisis and issues management and media relations. She also serves as the chief spokesperson for the healthcare system locally, nationally and internationally. 

For the voluntary position, she will continue to live in Cleveland, but she will travel to Athens for quarterly meetings. 

Sheil received her Bachelor of Science in journalism at OU and a master’s degree in public administration from Cleveland State University. 

“I am a huge fan of OU,” Sheil said. “I think it’s a wonderful school I am honored and proud to be a part of the position.”

@ewagner19

ew047615@ohio.edu