Photo via @villaitaliankitchen on Instagram

Fun News Friday: Some ‘saucy’ wedding accessories

Here comes the bride… and she’s eating her bouquet?

If my wedding doesn’t have a pizza bouquet, I’m turning around and walking straight back up the aisle.

Villa Italian Kitchen, a pizza chain based in New York City, offered brides a chance to win an alternative to a bouquet of roses. 

The restaurant allowed couples to enter for a chance to win a handmade pizza bouquet on their website, and although the submissions are now closed, several lucky couples will be partying at their reception with some saucy accessories. Winners will also receive a pizza boutonniere for the groom.

Can you think of a better way say “pie”-do?

Baby deer found in Athens County home

After receiving several tips, deputies in Athens County searched a Nelsonville home and discovered a pet deer in a bedroom.

More fawns are being born this time of year, and when the mother leaves to forage, some local residents may believe the deer was abandoned. They might take the animal into their home to care for it — a practice that is illegal in Ohio. Since the person reported the fawn right away, they will not be charged.

The baby deer was released back into the wild, where it will be reunited with its mother since it was only gone for a day or two. If it cannot find its mother, experts assure another doe will adopt it as her own. 

Raccoon climbs a skyscraper

Earlier this month, a raccoon garnered national attention after beginning his ascent to the top of a skyscraper in Minnesota. 

People around the country were captivated — and stressed — as they kept a watchful eye on livestreams and social media to see what happened next.

Everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief after he reached the top of the building unscathed. He celebrated with a meal of cat food before being taken into custody by wildlife management. 

Here’s hoping he never gives up his sense of adventure.

am877915@ohio.edu

@AbbeyMarshall