Handwriting draws insight to male brain

A man’s writing utensil of choice says a lot about him.

A pencil says that he is not afraid to make mistakes or that he lacks conviction.

If he sharpens said pencil with a knife, it means that he is awesome and probably gets all of his minerals by eating solid marble — talk about problems with indigestion.

Cheap pens either say, “I’m spontaneous and economical” or “I’m flaky and lack taste.” The choice is yours.

A man who writes with a permanent marker either likes to makes a bold, lasting impression or has something really important to write on a bathroom wall.

Space pens. Only. Always.

That or quills. Fountain pens work, too. Then again, as long as you have solid handwriting it doesn’t really matter. That whole “content of your character” lesson.

While the pen may say a lot, what the man chooses to say with it, matters more.

Manwriting flows. It has organization. Outlines sometimes get jealous of how organized it can get. It’s like a flow chart.

Sharp, crisp lines cutting intent across a page. The honed mind of a man focused into a single line. Good handwriting is hot.

Write something innovative or helpful.  Make up a word; doesn’t that sound mantastic?

Then again, you can’t just write it. You have to write it well. The issue is that presentation matters.

For example: You are trying to sell a contract for adult diapers, but you wrote the whole contract in yellow crayon. You are not going to sell it. It does not matter that adult diapers work great in practice (Not … that … I have ever tried.  I mean … I know how to use a toilet.) You can’t be serious in yellow crayon.

Men recognize this.  They choose the appropriate tools and they improve their handwriting.

Your second grade teachers were wrong; you don’t need cursive. Stop showing off.

Calligraphy is a very artistic way to write very short sentences. Beautiful, but not practical. Efficiency is not compromise.

We are talking about readability.

If other people can read your handwriting, you have met the minimum standard. If only you can read your handwriting, you have a problem.

Handwriting that only you can read is like an inside joke with only one person on the inside, lonely and not that funny.

Men: clear and precise.

–Alex Bill is a sophomore studying psychology. Ask him what your handwriting says about you at ab279708@ohiou.edu.

@ThePostCulture