Moon

Ghost hunter, psychic to provide paranormal proof in presentation

To kick off a week of ghosts and ghouls, Ohio University will be visited by a “ghost hunter” Monday.

Christopher Moon, a psychic medium and paranormal investigator, will give a presentation Monday on his experiences with the paranormal.

The speech, presented by the Campus Involvement Center, is designed to get the university into the Halloween spirit, according to a post on the center’s website.

Unexplainable slamming doors, disappearing objects and mysterious sonatas  played on his family’s grand piano were just a few of the paranormal activities Moon first experienced when he was 7 years old.

Following those experiences, Moon decided to begin participating in paranormal investigations at age 13. In 2004, Moon and his father began publishing a paranormal magazine titled Haunted Times Magazine, a publication that has won several awards and critical acclaim.

Moon also partnered with an engineer, Frank Sumption, to develop a tool to aid his research called the “spirit telephone,” a device that uses radio waves to contact the dead. The tool has become one of the most important parts of his investigations, he said.

“Not only do clients receive messages from the other side, but they are actually able to hear their loved ones’ voices, laughter and personality come through the speakers of the device,” Moon said.

His “spirit technician,” Tyler Trujillo, who bridges the connection to the spirit world, aids the telephone.

“The job is actually seeking out and connecting the spirits requested by the client,” Trujillo said.  “A session with Christopher and the device is a life-changing experience.”

Moon has appeared on several different programs including The Today Show, Paranormal State and Ghost Adventures. He now tours and speaks at colleges and events throughout the country.

Moon’s presentation at Ohio University will break down the different tools he uses when researching and the techniques he utilizes. He will also attempt to sway disbelievers in the audience by providing positive evidence of the existence of the paranormal.

This event is perfect for OU around Halloween because of the university’s paranormal reputation, said Caitlin Stone, a junior studying video production.

“Whether you believe in ghosts or not, the reputation is there because of how long OU has been around, The Ridges, and the stories,” Stone said. “Not to mention our excitement for Halloween. It all ties in together and this speaker is just another exciting element of Halloween at OU.”

ks574510@ohiou.edu