Laura Myers, via OU media relations

Changes in provost's office shuffle OU employees into new positions

Officials in Ohio University’s provost's office have one less position to fill, but other interim positions throughout the university have inadvertently been created.

Howard Dewald, an OU administrator and faculty member, has been appointed to associate provost for faculty and academic planning, according to an OU news release.

Dewald will oversee personnel matters for tenure track and non-tenure track faculty and will be the primary source of contact for the offices of legal affairs, institutional equity, diversity, and human resources, according to the job description.

The position was created to account for the additional work associated with the university’s transition into its Responsibility Center Management budget model. The position’s responsibilities are currently being shared by those in the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost.

Dewald, currently the senior associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, will begin his new role July 15 and will make $150,800 during the 2013-14 school year. He previously made $99,250 as dean during the 2012-13 school year.

“Howard is one of the most experienced, most trusted, and most knowledgeable academic administrators at the university,” said Pam Benoit, executive vice president and provost, in the release. “He will be able to step into the position and make substantive contributions immediately."

Ann Fidler, Benoit’s chief of staff and member of her executive staff for the past six years, has been replaced by Laura Myers, Benoit’s new interim chief of staff, according to an OU news release.

Myers has worked as OU’s executive director of the Institutional Equity since 2008 and made $108,156 in the 2012-13 school year. Myers will make $128,000 in her new position. She starts Monday.

Dianne Bouvier, OU’s current ombudsman, will assume Myers’ role as executive director of Institutional Equity on an interim basis, according to the release. Bouvier has experience working in the Office of Institutional Equity.

Bouvier will start her new job July 15. She will make $57,645 in the 2013-14 school year. She previously made $40,062 in the 2012-13 school year.  

Information about an interim ombudsman will be forthcoming, according to the release.

dd195710@ohiou.edu