Women's golfer, Hailey Hrynewich, of Muskegon, MI, poses for a portrait. (FILE)

Women’s Golf: The Bobcats return to the fairway for second tournament of season

Correction appended.

Ohio will tee off Monday and Tuesday for the Cardinal Classic in Yorktown, Indiana, the team's second tournament of the season.

Hailey Hrynewich will be the golfer to watch out for as she shot her lowest score (66) over Labor Day weekend at the Redbird Invitational. She was also named the Mid-American Conference Co-Golfer of the Week along with Sydney Anderson and Kelly Anderson from Ball State and Brielle Ward from Northern Illinois.

Seventeen teams will be represented in the tournament, including MAC schools like host Ball State, Toledo and Bowling Green.

Last season, the team ended in seventh place on the second day of the tournament and seventh overall in the entire tournament, after shooting a third round of 297 for a total of 911 (+41) for the tournament.

Ohio started off its season with an eighth-place ranking at the Redbird Invitational as Hrynewich led the team and came in tied for a fourth place finish.

Yorktown’s forecast is predicting thunderstorms throughout the weekend, but skies are said to be clear for the start of the tournament Monday morning.

The 54-hole tournament will begin Monday morning at 8:30 a.m.

@thebestjess_21

jj940914@ohio.edu

Correction: A previous version of this article misspelled Hailey Hrynewich's name in a photo caption. The caption has been updated to show the most accurate information.