Here’s what you need to know for Friday, Oct. 7, 2016:
News from The Post
- The city is considering building a connector street between East Park Drive and Home Street, and some people are pretty upset about it. (The Post)
- OU has seen a decrease in applications for Doctoral programs. (The Post).
It’s officially Homecoming Weekend at Ohio University, and Bobcats from years past will be back in Athens to celebrate.
There are a lot of events planned for this weekend, so here’s a list of what’s going on:
- Y2K Millenium Dance Party with DJ Barticus — 9 p.m., Friday at The Union Bar & Grill, 18 W. Union St. (Cover charge for those under 21 years old)
- Class Gateway Grand Re-Opening — 9 a.m., Saturday, on College Green (free)
- Ohio University Homecoming Parade — 10 a.m., Saturday on Union Street and Court Street (free)
- Ohio Football vs. Bowling Green — 2 p.m., Saturday at Peden Stadium ($35 - $40, free for students)
- 2016 Bobcat Alumni Jazz Jam — 10 p.m., Saturday at Casa Nueva Restaurant and Cantina, 6 W. State St. (Cover charge of $2 - $3)
A full list of Homecoming Weekend activities can be found here.
Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.
Partly cloudy with no precipitation. High of 79. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)
Scores and Game Times
The football team plays Bowling Green this weekend, and it’s a really important game for the Bobcats. The hockey team will play Missouri State.
You might also want to know …
Hurricane Matthew is forcing the evacuation of thousands of East Coast citizens. (NBC News)
The Ford Bronco is coming back. (MSN)
For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.